Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

PS4 IP fragmentation

davek2000
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

When using test internet connection on my PS4, I receive a message saying " your router may not support IP fragmentation" . Along with the countless issues with using Vodafone broadband with my PS4, such as a moderate to strict NAT type or constant issues with connection, this is yet another problem to add to the countless list of issues with the PS4. Despite attempting to use fixes such as port forwarding and changing DNS, not one of these "solutions" remedied my problem. I expected a much higher quality service from a company like Vodafone and I could not recommend them and their Gigabox router less.

1 REPLY 1

Anonymous
Not applicable

While this is a new and unique error, it's probably more to do with the PS4's oh so fussy networking.

The VF modem routers do allow IP packet fragmentation!  The solution is probably to go into the network settings on the PS4 and lower the MTU (Maximum Transmission Unit) from 1500 to 1492, and if that doesn't help then try 1472.

*This assumes that you are VDSL or FTTP internet, if you do happen to be on mobile network internet, then I don't believe there is anyone who has a solution to the issue of combining this with most games consoles (PS4 inc).