Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Superfast 2

Cyndy
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I supposedly have superfast 2, more like superslow 2.  The worst provider I have ever had!   They say give it 10 days to settle down and now it has been 2 months and gets worse day by day, the wi fi is atrocious and drops out every few seconds, what am I paying for??  Just about had enough.  No wonder there are so many complaints.  Get your act together and stop offering deals on such a bad service!!

3 REPLIES 3

clint_flick
12: Established
12: Established

Hi

There is a SYNC speed that is usually quoted, and/or guaranteed by an ISP as part of your BB contract.

CabinetTest.png

My figures are in high 70's and Upper teens, with the MGALS/HandBack threshold speed of 67+ Mbps, although my actual thru speed seems only to be mid-to-high 30's.

AND then here....

https://www.aa.net.uk/broadband/home1/

You are connected to cabinet 00. Your line length (from the exchange) is approximately 3454 meters (sic).

G.Fast broadband up to 160Mbps

G.Fast is available with an estimated downstream speed of 265.3 to 330Mbps. For the time being, we are limiting G.Fast speeds to a maximum of 160Mbps.

VDSL (Fibre to the cabinet) up to 80Mb/s

VDSL uses the phone line copper pair to connect to a modem in the street cabinet and then typically glass fibre to connect back to the exchange and on to us. As this uses less copper wire it provides faster download speeds than ADSL, but costs a little more. For your location, forecast download sync speed is 74-80Mb/s and forecast upload sync speed is 19-20Mb/s.

ADSL broadband up to 5.1Mb/s

ADSL uses the phone line copper pair to connect to a modem at the telephone exchange. For your location the forecast download sync speed is 2.8-5.1Mb/s.

VodaFone may only be offering some, all or n0ne of the above to you.

Thank you for that comprehensive reply.  I have an early termination fee which I will argue of course.  I just can't cope with it anymore.  Thank you for taking the trouble.

Hi

MGALS

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2019/02/new-ofcom-code-of-practice-for-uk-broadband-isp-speeds...

Providers must also supply, upon request, the Minimum Guaranteed Access Line Speed (MGALS) for your line (this reflects the slowest 10% of similar users). The MGALS level is important because ISPs that fail to resolve any significant speed problems (i.e. if your speed stays below the MGALS level) must offer customers the right to downgrade or exit their contract (penalty free).

Might be relevant.