cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Old Superfast 2 package to new Essentials package. Does router config stay the same?

bar72
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi, forgot to ask sales rep, so I'm on the old Superfast 2 package using my own TP-Link W9880 router, assuming FTTC?  When my new essentials contract activates on 5th January, rep stated I need to use the VOIP adapter in my TP-Link to use landline as I'm switching to a digital line. 

Queries:

01/ Is digital line to my house still FTTC as it's still POTS network (copper cables)?

02/ Do I simply reboot router on activation day and it should move over to new digital line without error or do I need to configure my old Superfast 2 router config to the new VOIP config to get internet connection?

03/ Does my current username / password config stay the same with new package?

Any ideas would be appreciated, thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES 2

Ripshod
16: Advanced member

1. You'll likely move over to full fibre, saves the engineers coming back to swap you.

2. In theory yes, but sometimes a router reset is needed to force reprovisioning. If you don't get a new router from vf then yes you'll have to plug the old one in for this.

3. Your "My Vodafone" account login will remain the same but will be updated to the new account's details. Your PPPoE details will change though not immediately - this ensures continued service. If you use your own router then you'd need to get fresh PPPoE details from vodafone. No one has asked about the Digital Voice, but I'd assume that may change as well. 

Jayach

@bar72 wrote:

01/ Is digital line to my house still FTTC as it's still POTS network (copper cables)?

Yes, if only FTTC is available to you the VoIP service will be delivered over that, however you won't be able to use the TP-Link as you currently do, as the Vodafone router will be needed to connected direct to the master socket to get the VoIP service working.

The alternative is to get a Grandstream ATA and use that for the VoIP, but that is a whole other kettle of fish.

https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Landline/Landline-phone-with-own-router-on-FTTP/td-p/2709457