Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

ASUS RT-86U Pro

Xander22
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Evening Folks,

I’ve tried to scour the forum to find this information but I can’t seem to find a definitive answer. 

I currently have FTTP and been with BT for a number of years. I am due to get Full Fibre 900 from Vodafone but a number of people are not telling me I can’t use my ASUS RT-86U Pro router. I am assuming this information is wrong?

Do I need to do any specific configuration with Vodafone for this to work off the ONT?

Any help would be appreciated or a point in the correct direction. 

thanks 

4 REPLIES 4

Ripshod
16: Advanced member

Of course that info is wrong. You did the right thing and asked here though. There's no reason why your asus wouldn't work, there's a few here that use them. The only thing is if you want to make use of digital voice (Landline) you'd need to use your own grandstream ata or phone.

The support agents will freely give you your PPPoE login details for the router. 

Thanks for responding.

I assumed this would be the case but thought I’d ask. I don’t need digital voice so not bothered with that.

is that all I need from Vodafone then the PPPoE settings, nothing else required?

Ripshod

Yeah, you won't miss much with the digital voice.

Yes, the PPPoE details are all you need. Well, maybe a little guidance from us. Have a look around the forums here for a general idea.