Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Broadband Essentials team not responding

Amusicfan1000
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi - I moved into my flat on 31 May and, as of 27 July, I am still waiting for Vodafone (with whom I have had a mobile and iPad cellular data account for many years, the former since 2003j to arrange my Essentials broadband. First, they said it would be £20 for broadband only but that I would have the option of a good rate for a phone line, seeing as I live in an area with a poor signal. I then found out that I would be charged around 20 pence per minute for UK calls, which I was not pleased about, and other options were not great, I was told that if I wanted an anytime calls package I would have to pay £8 for that per month. £28 in total, then. I did not think this ideal, seeing as there were other non-social tariff options that were comparable. The only thing was that Vodafone could issue a contract for a year - which is convenient if, like me, you rent your home and do not want to be locked into a phone and broadband contract and owing money at the end of the tenancy, having to pay outstanding sums or one penalty fee.  So, after thinking about it, I called Vodafone back and they told me I had to apply for Essentials all over again, and to wait in the queue from scratch, I did that, and I received a call while at work, in a meeting, going into answerphone mode, only for the Essentials representative NOT to leave an answerphone message, text, or email. I tried calling back, getting through to the main Vodafone switchboard, which was unhelpful. Did they try calling back again? No. So, I have now made my FiFTH online application for Essentials and am not hopeful this will be sorted any time before Christmas. 

Does anyone have any tips to encourage the Essentials team to do their jobs properly, leave answerphone messages and direct contact numbers, etc? Does anyone have a customer complaints email address I can use? I am fed up with trying to call Vodafone only to be fobbed off with the story that they have no number to ring their colleagues in the Essentials team. This is a comms company!

1 REPLY 1

Tal

Hi @Amusicfan1000 I'm very sorry to hear about your experience when trying to order the Essentials broadband, this is not the experience we want our new customers to go through at all.

Please reach out to us on social media 👉 here, so we can contact the Essentials broadband team and help get a call back set up for you and get you connected as soon as possible.