cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Power Hub - Does it come with micro filter ?

artyvark
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi

my inlaws are getting Vodafone Fibre 2 with Digital Voice in July. They are getting the VOIP adapter for the phone and a Power Hub. Their master socket does not have a BT faceplate on. At some point they must have replaced it with a fancy gold/brass one that matches the switches and plugs in their house. It has a standard phone socket nothing else.

I just wondered if anyone can confirm whether a micro filter is included with the Power Hub ? I found a picture of whats in the box online and it does not show a filter.

The old ADSL broadband router I think has an ADSL Filter so I`m wondering whether I could use that. If not I will have to buy one for them.

Doing this for them as they havent got a clue and to save money over their previous provider.

7 REPLIES 7

Stumpy21
4: Newbie

If they are getting a digital voice connection (VOIP) that should be provided via the socket on the router, then they won't need any other filters

VFbroadbanduser
11: Established
11: Established

A filter isn't required anymore when you switch over to VOIP, as both the voice and data will all run through the FTTC cabinet.

Filters are only required when used on a PSTN telephone exchange and FTTC cabinet to split the signal.

Thanks for the reply maybe I didnt make my reasoning clear. The problem is the "master socket" has no DSL port only a phone port. So I would like to know if there is anything in the Power Hub box that will connect the router to a normal phone port. If not I need to buy something.

A micro filter would do the job if one was included.

1719817518159.jpg

What are they using at the moment presuming they have broadband with another provider?

All that is needed is a standard BT plug (631A) to an RJ11 cable like what a cordless phone would use. Or you could get one from Amazon for a couple of pounds.

ADSL via POP Telecom. Think I might have to just buy one.

Even though I signed up for FTTP my router came provided with a splitter/filter and a lead to connect the phone to the router. If the cable attached to the telephone they have is not detachable they will need a readily available RJ11 plug to BT socket adapter.

Everything required to connect the new connection should be supplied to them. The filter they already have would work OK. But if they are transferring to FTTC with digital voice no filter will be required

Jayach
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

@Stumpy21 wrote:
if they are transferring to FTTC with digital voice no filter will be required

The flitter will only be requited to convert the RJ11 plug on the DSL cable to the BT style plug to fit the phone socket.

But, yes, one should be provided.