Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Pro 900

maisiemoose
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi I had fibre 500 package and today engineer called to upgrade to Pro 900 with the new ultra hub, he left over 6 hours ago saying it may take an hour or so for light to turn bright white. It’s still not working. Am I correct in saying that there was no need for my fibre cables to upgraded? I’m sure when it was first installed 3 years ago I was told if I upgraded they would need to be changed but engineer today said it was fine. Is it just the Hub/Router that gives you the better speed? Not the fibre optics or cables or whatever they are? Thanks 

5 REPLIES 5

Jayach
16: Advanced member

Are you on CityFibre or Openreach?

Either way I can't see why the fibre would need to be changed. I'm also surprised you needed an engineer at all, but maybe there is something needs to be done with the ONT?

It's not the Hub/Router that give you the speed, it's the fibre network, but where exactly the speed selection takes place I'm not sure.

Ripshod

Vodafone consider an upgrade to be the same as a new service, so activation can happen at any time up to midnight. If you're still not connected tomorrow morning then kick up a stink here:

https://vodafone.co.uk/bbservcd

purrbox
4: Newbie

They don't need to do anything to your fibre line. To upgrade your speed, they'll just send a new configuration file to the ONT box. That's the square black box on your wall that connects to the router.

They are sending you a new hub because the Pro 900 package is a top tier product. The better router is one of the perks of this package.

Ripshod

Pro 2 gets the glitzy new router.

Good to see you back @purrbox 

Jayach

@purrbox wrote:

They are sending you a new hub because the Pro 900 package is a top tier product. The better router is one of the perks of this package.

Actually Pro 900 is no longer available, it's now Full Fibre 900.

Pro II gets you the newer router, but at a (much) higher cost.

Jayach_0-1693256101281.png