cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Pro broadband second super booster not being detected. Existing booster is the only one being seen.

Osmo
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Pro broadband second super booster not being detected. Existing booster is the only one being seen. Any thoughts please folks?

There doesn’t seem to be anything in the way or interfering with the signal but when I find a good place for it, the only booster showing on the set up is the one which is already set up. 

It did work at one point but only when I changed the security protocol of the main WiFi from to WPA/WPA2 from WPA2 although I have no idea if that’s relevant. I’d rather not have to switch to weaker security if that can be avoided. 

At the moment I can’t get coverage to my whole home. Thank you in advance to anyone who might have some good ideas. 😁

3 REPLIES 3

Jayach
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Speak to the WiFi Xperts, you're paying for them.

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Osmo, there could be a number of reasons for your boosters not being recognised. As you're on one of our broadband pro plans, contact one of our WiFi Xperts and I'm sure they'll get it up and running in no time 😊

Anonymous
Not applicable

If the Xspurts can't help, I'd probably go the route of resetting the router to its default settings, and then get the extenders set up while they are sat only a few feet away from the router.  If that helps you get them set up, you can move them to their final positions. As for placement, they should normally be roughly 1/2 the distance from your router to the furthest point you are trying to reach.

When everything is working, you can then work on tightening up your network security, but it's not uncommon with extenders and mesh systems that you have to make minor security compromises (ie you often cant hide the SSIDs - and best not to split them either).