Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Router stopped working after cityfibre installation

Ju1e5
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Vodafone updated my Internet 2.5wks ago with no issue. Last night I lost connection and can't get it working again. The new black box has all the green lights on but a red light is flashing for Internet on the router. I shut everything off at the wall over night and tried the rest button but still nothing, any idea how to resolve this issue please?

9 REPLIES 9

Cynric
16: Advanced member

@Ju1e5  Have you contacted Vodafone's helpdesk? 

https://www.vodafone.co.uk/contact-us/

191 from your Vodafone mobile while you’re in the UK,
0333 304 0191 from a landline or other mobile (standard charges apply).

Thank you for replying.

I ran a connection test last night and it has been reported as a fault, I got a message saying the engineer should get back to me in 48hrs. I have unlimited data on my mobile so the kids have their devices tethered for now but it's not ideal. I hoped there was something I could try to get back online?

Ripshod

Sounds like your PPPoE login details have changed because of the upgrade proccess. It does happen (I'm just waiting to see if mine change after my upgrade).

Get your fresh new details via

Online chat 

Thank you for the reply.

Sorry can you explain this please? How do I check/repair this issue?

Ripshod

Sorry. I had it in my head you were using your own router, can't figure out why.

Jayach

I believe when the router is flashing red on the internet light, it's because it's trying to make a DSL connection, which means it hasn't seen an ethernet connection on it's WAN port, so what lights are on the ONT?

All 4 lights are green on the black box. All wires are connected. I have just reset the black box and powered off the router. Same issue, red flashing Internet light on the router. It has been off since 8pm last night, no one has touched it. I rang Vodafone, they have ran another check, still nothing 

Ripshod

Don't reset the black box. Reset the router via the pinhole at the back (hold it in for a good 10 seconds). 

Thank you. I tried the reset button on the router last night. It was the Vodafone advisor who asked me to try the reset button on the black box. Just tried it again on the router, still no change. I will have a look and see if I have a spare cable anywhere and try that