Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Scam

Scampi12
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Our internet kept dropping out over the last 2 days so I reported it online to vodafone each time it happened. During one of the reports the online chat person unusually asked me for my landline number, when the other 2 agents didn't, which I thought was unusual but they said they was testing the line, so thought it was ok. However, next day we got a call saying our internet was going to be switched off in 24 hours due to illegal activity and to press 1, which we ignored as we know about this scam. But, my concern is, this seems too much of a coincidence that I'd been onto Vodafone 3 times then get this message. My concern is that scammers could be working as vodafone agents and selling details on to scammers or even scamming themselves? Its all so remote it must be almost impossible to investigate but it doesn't seem quite right to me. Has anybody else had this experience?

3 REPLIES 3

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Scampi12 Checking your line for faults is one of our trouble shooting steps when trying fing a problem with your broadband service. One of the quickest ways to do this would be using your phone number. I'm sure this is just a coincidence. I understand how worrying it can be receiving these kind of calls and can help stop you receiving these, along with any other nuisance calls.

Hi Mark, yes I fully appreciate that might be the process but it strikes me as off that within an hour we recieved a seemingly relatable scam call.  We actually had 4 attempts in all.  The call was from a UK Kidderminster number that doesn't accept incoming calls. I will certainly report it though so thanks for the link.

Hi mark,

Actually, having just looked through, I'm stuck in a vicious circle for reporting this. We are registered with TPS and as the call was automated, they won't deal with it. They refer to an email address to send a complaint to. I emailed but the email was delivered as I didn't have access to that email address - which was odd, given that it was TPS provide the link to that email. Having just gone on to report this on the link you provided, it doesn't meet their criteria either as it's not an international number and wasn't a sales or telemarketing call.  I'll have to give up but with so many conditions now on what is reportable, it makes it very difficult to shut these people down. Thanks anyway - I tried !