Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

THG3000 issue

ChrisBW
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi,

I join VF Broadband yesterday and set up the router and connected without any problems. However, after an hour of switching on the router seems to crash. The power, internet, and wifi lights all flash white, and everything is dropped from the network (WIFI and LAN connections). If I switch it off and on again everything is fine for another hour and then the same thing happens. If I leave it, it stays this way. While it is working, I have no problem with the connection - we had Netflix, online gaming, and youtube all running perfectly together.

I read somewhere on this forum that it might be a problem with the router trying to update the firmware and crashing then. The router is on 17.xxxxx, and I think the current version is 19.xxxx. Does this sound like a likely cause? Would doing a factory reset and allowing it to update before adding devices resolve this issue? Or is it that I have a dud router?

Many thanks for any help or advice anyone can offer!

Chris

6 REPLIES 6

Cynric
16: Advanced member

I have these builds:

Firmware version
19.2.0307-3261013-20200812152603-87d129527e2b6c5db641b036118778179b03c3da
Bootloader Version
19.02.1146-0000000-20190110090550-897d2844f012557134a272eb8a8a90f85e9a7a8d

So try to get the firmware first and then see if it's still being a problem.

Jayach

There has been a few posts recently where the router flashes all the LEDs white. So far I think the only solution has been a replacement router. Definitely try a factory reset via the GUI, but if it still occurs you will need to contact Vodafone.

Let us know how you get on.

Farai
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hey @ChrisBW  👋  Sorry to hear about the crashes you've been experiencing, we'd certainly like to help you get to the bottom of these. So we can get the ball rolling, drop us a message on our Social Media channels here

It's important to note though, not every team can send out routers. If you believe there is an issue with the router itself, you can speak to our dedicated Technical team who would be able to investigate this for you as well. You can reach out to them directly on 08080 034 515. 

Hi,

Thank you for the reply. I managed to get through to a technician. I don't know what they did, but it looks like they have resolved the problem. Everything has been working well so far this afternoon.

Many thanks,

Chris

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

That's fantastic news @ChrisBW 🎉 Thanks for the update! If you have anymore problems with this, or anything else, don't hesitate to get in touch.

gipjon

Sounds like it had a firmware update and then did the master reset