Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

THG3000 router interface almost unusable

dwl99
4: Newbie

The user interface for my THG3000 is shockingly bad. It's very slow to connect and register clicks and keeps randomly refreshing the page when I'm halfway through changing a setting. It very often times out when I'm trying to make any changes. Is this normal for this router?

29 REPLIES 29

Cynric
16: Advanced member

@dwl99  This is unusual. If you are connecting over WiFi could you try using an Ethernet cable if you haven't already done so.

Ripshod

This could be a dhcp storm. Reset the router by holding the recessed "Reset" button in for a good 10 seconds, wait ten minutes, plug in a pc/laptop and test again. If this works then check that none of the devices you want to reconnect are not trying to act as a DHCP server, and that there are no parallel connections between any devices. I've seen it before with dual NICs that one has been connected to the router directly and one through a switch - don't do this.

Cynric

@Ripshod  Good point. I was starting with the simplest thing first.

Cheers, I have an Amplifi HD router connected in Bridge Mode - could this be the source of the problem?

Ripshod

@dwl99 wrote:

Cheers, I have an Amplifi HD router connected in Bridge Mode - could this be the source of the problem?

Which device is first, the vodafone router or the Amplifi?

Internet -> Vodafone router -> switch -> Amplifi HD

Ripshod

Too late to edit. Wouldn't  it make more sense to remove the vodafone router altogether and just use the Amplifi in router mode? The result will be worth it.

Cynric

I think, if I remember correctly, that VOIP is being used.

Ripshod

Then add in a Grandstream ATA.