Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone Broadband Equipment question

abductedcraig01
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi,

I'm due to be connected to VF BB in about a week's time.

I took out the Full Fibre 900 package £31

It comes with the THG 3000 Router as standard.

Can anyone help me with a few questions I have regarding the Equipment  ....

Would the newer Ultra WiFi 6E Router and Boosters work on this package?

I did ask VF Chat help and they said yes it would work, and gave me my login details to use with it.

But,  I'm not sure they understood what I was asking, So thought I would double check here.

Also the WiFi back up box is that unlocked to any network. If it's not, could I use the Box with a VF SIM card if I bought one?

Basically Im wondering if I could buy an Ultra Router 6E, Booster, and WiFi Box from eBay and use them on the Full Fibre 900 ?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

39 REPLIES 39

@abductedcraig01 Are you trying to run both fibre broadband and mobile broadband at the same time?

No not at the same time, just as a back up if the Fibre connection went down.

@abductedcraig01 wrote:

Installer installed the Black Intelligent Hub, so all up and running well.

Once the installer left we wired up the Ultra Hub and the Boosters,

Entered the PPPoE details that chat help gave me, and everything looks to be working fine.

The speed and coverage is great, devices are all connected, and the Phone app works,

I've not used the ultra hub, but I'm really surprised you were able to enter those details. Very unusual for a Vodafone router.

Have you checked to see if the VoIP telephone connection works, and if so has the correct phone number?

Sorry Jayach I haven't plugged a phone into it.

As for the PPPoE details, they magically appeared after the Router went into a number of reboots during the firmware update.  I didn't need to manually enter them,

@abductedcraig01 wrote:
As for the PPPoE details, they magically appeared after the Router went into a number of reboots during the firmware update.  I didn't need to manually enter them,

So, with the Ultra router you can see your login credentials? That is a big departure from the previous routers.

Where can these be viewed? 

I purchased an Ultra Hub from eBay with booster and the 4g sim box thing - I've had issues with drops every 20 odd minutes - I contacted VF and they wouldn't help as I didn't purchase directly through them - carried on faffing about with UH, today I was getting drops every hour which was an improvement. I contacted VF after work and reported this issue and the agent was very helpful - there was a hardware issue data was being sent to the UH and to the THG3000 (which was disconnected) and was causing a conflict - he actually liked my thought process of a third party upgrade and removed the THG3000 from the network on their end - and got me to reset my entire network my end - everything is all working fine I'm on a 900mbps full fibre contract at £31 a month using the UH and WiFi super booster, I'm currently connected on 6G WiFi Galaxy A52S-5G on 5G wifi I get 250mbps down 280mbps up speeds- BUT on the 6G WiFi using my Galaxy A52S-5G I get 413mbps down 370mbps up.

Summary: £80 eBay VF UH with booster and Sim box thingy - I can now get a good WiFi connection throughout my 70s build mid-terrace 3 Storey townhouse.

I have 32 WiFi devices (bulbs and plugs controlled by Alexa as well as tablets for monitoring home cctv on different floors, I've got 2 teenagers so can switch the lights off in the kitchen  without having to go downstairs, I can look on the tablet see what lights have been left on and switch them off and save my creaky knees 😆).

My personal experience with VF agents if you get someone who won't help you install your VF UH because you got it off eBay - hang up and call them again as one agent will help you out - VF agent sorted this at 17:30 today were now at 20:55 and I've not had a single dropout since the agent helped me though - so if you're considering ditching the THG3000 and going for the Ultra Hub as a cheaper option then go for it but keep trying different agents as some are jobsworths 

Update: even though I since upgraded to the £38 package 910mbps speeds I tested the ultra hub vodafone configured it their end but was still dropping out every couple of hours - now using the supplied power hub - found this to be stable and no dead zones in the house now 

Jayach
16: Advanced member

@Razordogz 

Yours is the first report of anyone having the new Power Hub, sounds like it's going to be the best of the routers Vodafone have supplied.

Jayach

@Razordogz Yours is the first report of anyone having the new Power Hub, sounds like it may be the best of the routers Vodafone have supplied.