Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone Super WiFi booster second booster issue

kelliott1
4: Newbie

I signed up to Pro broadband to make use of boosters as I have area of house with no WiFi coverage.

First booster added. All ok but still not providing full coverage.

Here I get a second booster and connected it to the first booster, was ok for few weeks but then the second booster started disconnecting, since this started it has been impossible to get stable connection from second booster. Reviewing the Super WiFi in the app I realise the second booster connects direct back to the router with an extremely weak connection rather than connect to the first booster as it should. Resetting, swapping boosters does nothing, adding booster does nothing. Seems impossible in the app to connect it back to first booster.

Called the apparent experts... After 2 hours, the expert just decided to send a new router.

New router installed, boosters reset and reconnected... 2 hours in and the second booster starts to disconnect and again it connects to the router directly.

It seems when this happens it is impossible to have the boosters connected to each other, they both just connect direct to the router..

Also booster 2 just shows greyed out in the app and not able to delete it..

So I'm left with booster 2 just disconnecting and causing my devices a poor connection.

Tried moving second booster around and no joy.

I'm at the conclusion:

1) Super WiFi may be ok with single booster but seriously flawed with a second booster, I've now switched it off

2) the super WiFi app is extremely basic, limited, slow and unable to delete old data

3) experts... Can't offer anything other than resetting the device...

4) once second booster drops connection impossible to get it back connected to first booster..

I'm at a loss....

47 REPLIES 47

Hey @DAVEMATTEY. This isn't the smooth home broadband journey we want you to have and we fully take on board your comments, concerns and feedback. You shouldn't have to be spending hours trying to make our Super WiFi boosters function as expected. 

If you're still experiencing an issue with your Boosters, try resetting to factory defaults. To do so, press and hold the Reset button on the back of the Super WiFi Booster with a small pointed object. Hold for approximately 10 seconds until the LED light turns solid red. Once the LED starts flashing white (in about 3 minutes), try to set up the Boosters again.

If you're still experiencing an issue, as advised by my colleague in this Community thread, because you have our Vodafone Pro Broadband service you will be required to get in touch with our WiFi Xperts - aka our expert engineers who are dedicated to Vodafone Pro. 

You can get in touch with the Wi-Fi Xperts team either via Live Chat online or over the phone on 191 free from a Vodafone mobile (03333 040191 from any other UK phone - standard charges apply).

Thanks for the reply - I have done all the factory resets etc.  A fundamental problem is there are no explanations of the various lights and signals and it is hard to diagnose where the fault is. .  I know IT systems but the app dumbs everything down without any systematic "pro" information when needed.   I dont think the boosters work in the way we expect - all of them have to be in range of the router, rather then daisy chaining to each other in a mesh network. I will call the 'xperts' team when I have time, but for now its cables draped over the sofa.....

Similar issue to me. The kit is just rubbish. I sold my proper mesh network as I was stupid enough to think that the words "Pro" and "Wifi Experts" meant the vodafone kit would work.. It keeps cutting out and with 3 boosters it can't seem to go any distance at all with any reliability- 10 metres down an open room and it is only getting 10mb.

The thing is the staff all say something different each time you call and claim they have fixed it, but nothing changes. I have spent at least 10 hours on the phone / webchat to this useless company.

I have tried again today to claim this "wifi guarantee" so I can downgrade and not pay for a 4G dongle that doesn't work (no reception probably but different explanation each time) and mesh network that is simply not fit for purpose. I can then get my own decent mesh network.  Anyway after 1 hour on the web chat going through everything again from square 1, being passed to 4 different people, they switch the router off remotely and it didn't  reboot, then I loose my online chat and am back to square one. They are just so so bad.

I really really think vodafone should give up as they don't know what they are doing. It is just incompetence from end to end.

Still having issues with the boosters. As other people have said they lose connection and it takes ages to reset back up again. The app refuses to see the booster. Hard reset of everything doesn't work.  The mesh network isn't as described. It's a poor product and can't wait to leave. Need to find a reliable service with a better WiFi coverage. 

Jayach
16: Advanced member

@Lee1976uk2 wrote:

The mesh network isn't as described. It's a poor product and can't wait to leave. 

I don't believe it has ever been described as a mesh network. 

@Jayach Advanced WiFi mesh design

Increased reliability through a multiple-access point network.

Nothing reliable about them

Jayach

@Lee1976uk2 wrote:

@Jayach 

Advanced WiFi mesh design

Increased reliability through a multiple-access point network.

Where does it say that? Do you have a link?

I've seen reviews say it a mesh, but not Vodafone. Were they possibly referring to the new Ultra Hub and boosters?

Sounds same experience as me. Vodafone are shocking and extremely bad. Nobody wants to own the problem. But happy to spend 10+ hours on a call worst service ever