Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone Super WiFi booster second booster issue

kelliott1
4: Newbie

I signed up to Pro broadband to make use of boosters as I have area of house with no WiFi coverage.

First booster added. All ok but still not providing full coverage.

Here I get a second booster and connected it to the first booster, was ok for few weeks but then the second booster started disconnecting, since this started it has been impossible to get stable connection from second booster. Reviewing the Super WiFi in the app I realise the second booster connects direct back to the router with an extremely weak connection rather than connect to the first booster as it should. Resetting, swapping boosters does nothing, adding booster does nothing. Seems impossible in the app to connect it back to first booster.

Called the apparent experts... After 2 hours, the expert just decided to send a new router.

New router installed, boosters reset and reconnected... 2 hours in and the second booster starts to disconnect and again it connects to the router directly.

It seems when this happens it is impossible to have the boosters connected to each other, they both just connect direct to the router..

Also booster 2 just shows greyed out in the app and not able to delete it..

So I'm left with booster 2 just disconnecting and causing my devices a poor connection.

Tried moving second booster around and no joy.

I'm at the conclusion:

1) Super WiFi may be ok with single booster but seriously flawed with a second booster, I've now switched it off

2) the super WiFi app is extremely basic, limited, slow and unable to delete old data

3) experts... Can't offer anything other than resetting the device...

4) once second booster drops connection impossible to get it back connected to first booster..

I'm at a loss....

47 REPLIES 47

Agreed, they are beyond useless.  I've given up on it as I can't bear to lose any more time on the poor product or speaking with the extremely poor customer service. 

In process of moving to BT.

Same.... Giving up. I will most likely change provider and I will bring it to Ofcam

Let me know how you get on.  Would love to make a complaint. 

But last time spent over 3 hours on phone to Vodafone customer services. Can't do that again. 

Service has got worse,  speeds dropping, super WiFi boxes dropping their wireless signal.

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @kelliott1 & @rafaelrodriguez, I'm sorry to hear you're having difficulty connecting your boosters. If you pop us a message through one of our social channels and we'll be more than happy to look into this and help you get connected.

Hi Mark Has this issue of second booster working off first been resolved? We have just switched to Broadband Pro 2 because parts of this house do not get wifi and are still not with just the one booster. If we move it nearer the weak zone it is too far from the router and complains. When the booster is moved to too where it prefers to connect with the router laptops and phones get a weak signal and keep dropping out.

Not going to pay for something if Vodafone can’t deliver on their guarantee.

Jayach
16: Advanced member

@FamilyMan 

This thread was about the Pro boosters, of which you could get up to 3 if required.

I don't know if that applies to the Pro II boosters, they are still fairly new and there is not much experience of them on the forum.

CrimsonLiar

I would have thought (and am pretty sure that) the extra boosters if you need them would be available on PRO-II for free.  Also with these being AX/WiFi6 devices, much of the "helper" hardware to make these act as a mesh rather than as plain extenders, should be built into the chipset - there's still a software/management component, but the basics of that should be provided by hardware manufacturers, only needing minor tweaking to get it up and running!

It's nice that the boosters give you informative help on their placing!  It's almost starting to sound professional!

Oh dear, i came here looking for potential solutions as our single  "Super Wifi" Booster keeps dropping out. Shows as unavailable for atleast 30 seconds to a minute when you look in the app then reconnects, meanwhile most devices have dropped connection due to the thick solid flint walls of our home! Enternet/ powerline connected devices are fine so it's just Wifi at issue.

initially it seemed to work relatively well with a strong signal for most of the house, just the extremes struggled for signal so had planned to ask for a second booster however for some it seems that makes things worse!! #

However over the past month or so the dropouts have become  too frequent i've tried various locations to no avail it's just short drop outs but they are  interrupting video playback etc. all resets itself in 30-60 seconds after i notice an issue generally but that is long enough to stop video etc. 

I'm not sure if there had been any updates but most of our issues have been since April, albeit we only got Pro broadband installed in May. Between this post and this other thread with similar issues it does sound like there are a number of us seeing similar issues! 

You describe exactly my issue. 

Dropouts were really frustrating,  all seems OK then the kids watch their tablets and the super WiFi booster just decides to drop out, stops transmitting it's WiFi and sends havoc in the house for WiFi.  Getting a second and even third just gave me a bigger headache.  They don't work as they should.  Ever!

Come to the conclusion the boxes are cr*p. Vodafone support have no clue but will send out hw if they've reached the end of their script. 

Really poor and I've spent way too much time on it

Jayach

@ALSW123 wrote:

initially it seemed to work relatively well with a strong signal for most of the house, just the extremes struggled for signal so had planned to ask for a second booster however for some it seems that makes things worse!! #

Your experience may not be the same as others. Might as well get another and give it a go, they are free. (as in you are paying for them in the Pro price)