main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Broadband connection

Vodafone THG3000 router firmware

Highlighted
4: Newbie

Hi. I have just been sent a Vox3/ THG3000 Vodafone router to replace my older huawei router.

I have set it up and it is working OK. I have got into the hub's portal to browse the settings. I set a new router password and I have entered 'expert' mode and can view the range of settings there.

However despite being able to click on the 'Firmware version' tab there doesn't seem to be any way of checking for new firmware like in the previous Vodafone router. It says the Firmware version is: 17.4.c.0277-2441004. Do people know whether this is the latest version of the firmware for this router?

At the top of the settings it says, "1 user(s) logged in . Some Expert Mode settings in use" Does this mean that some of the settings like firmware updating are unavailable to me? Is there any way I can change this?

Thanks for your help here.

Derry

View more options
5 REPLIES 5

Hey @Del80, thanks for getting in touch. The firmware updates should be in Expert Mode > Settings > Firmware Update, then Check for Update. Is it not showing? 

View more options

Yes I have tried that but the option for updating firmware is not there. It does say at the top of the page 1 user(s) logged in . Some Expert Mode settings in use', This may be something to do with it. Do you think I may need to reset the router or can you think of anything else?

Thanks for your help!

View more options

I can confirm this option is only available on the older Huawei routers and not available on the newer THG3000 using firmware revision 17.4.0272-2441010

View more options

@VFbroadbanduser wrote:

I can confirm this option is only available on the older Huawei routers and not available on the newer THG3000 using firmware revision 17.4.0272-2441010

Thanks for your helpful reply. Since posting I went on the Vodafone chat service who also confirmed this and said that there were no firmware updates yet for this new router. 

At some point though there will be a firmware update for the router; do you think this will happen automatically? 

View more options

Yes it automatically pulls the new firmware down.

I have had one new firmware update that fixed a bug in the menus. I've only had the router since August and the revision I posted earlier is the one I am currently on for the THG3000.

View more options