Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Router Keeps rebooting

TheClusk
2: Seeker

Been having constant issues with Vodafone broadband since I took out a contract with them... 

I no longer use the Vodafone router as it wouldnt hold more than 8 connections before it kicked other devices off. 

I now use a TP-Link Archer VR600.

Basically what is happening, is that the connection would drop out around 7-10pm every night. Especially when I'm on my Xbox One S, and my other half is streaming Netflix on a separate device. The connection would drop out and the router would restart. This is constantly happening. 

We've had openreach round and they've fixed the line issues and replaced the master socket. It was fine for a couple of days but it has started doing it again.

Ive tried loads of things,

Static IP for the games console. 

Dedicated channels for the 2.4 and 5 ghz channels. 

Altering QOS... But nothing works. 

Please can someone help!

It seems to do it every time I ask for a high demand from my Internet. 

I'm leaning towards a faulty router or an ISP issue.

For Vodafone staff members... I got a text with a reference about the issues being fixed... Ref was 577639

4 REPLIES 4

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

If this was my situation I'd keep pushing the Broadband Team for support @TheClusk 

I agree this could be a faulty router as one possible issue.

"call 08080 034 515  (free from all UK landlines and mobiles) with lines open between 8am and 11pm, seven days a week."

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

Broadband-and-Home-Phone-FAQs and Troubleshooting Tips. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Update...

Got rid of my TP Link router and opted for a TP Link Mesh system. Using the Vodafone router as a modem. 

It worked flawlessly for a week or so... But tonight, every single time I turned the xbox on (more network traffic) the Vodafone router reset every single time. Then did it a couple of times when the router was off.

So I don't think it's a router issue, as it done it with the tp link router, and the Vodafone router. 

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

That's strange @TheClusk, that it seemed to work perfectly for the week. So we can run some diagnostics and take a closer look into this for you, we'll need to access your account. You can find more information on getting in touch here.

Make sure to pop your username and link to this thread in your message too, this will save you having to explain again and we can help you quicker. 

SteeeeveM

There's a big thread on this - it's happening with a fair few people, including myself.   Bizarrely, a common factor being people in the house with an Apple Watch connected to the wifi - it's suspected that the router doesn't like Apple products or specifically the Apple Watch.    My partner was working from home yesterday, router fine all day. I came home and pretty much as soon as I came through the door, the router started rebooting. Kept on doing that for a couple of hours. Finally saw the Apple Watch issue - turned off wifi on the watch, and no more reboots.

Theres a firmware update being rolled out (v19) which supposedly might solve issues. I updated my router today to new firmware (stick a pin in the hole in the back near the off switch for about 15 seconds) - will see what happens this evening.