Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone THG3000 router firmware

Del80
4: Newbie

Hi. I have just been sent a Vox3/ THG3000 Vodafone router to replace my older huawei router.

I have set it up and it is working OK. I have got into the hub's portal to browse the settings. I set a new router password and I have entered 'expert' mode and can view the range of settings there.

However despite being able to click on the 'Firmware version' tab there doesn't seem to be any way of checking for new firmware like in the previous Vodafone router. It says the Firmware version is: 17.4.c.0277-2441004. Do people know whether this is the latest version of the firmware for this router?

At the top of the settings it says, "1 user(s) logged in . Some Expert Mode settings in use" Does this mean that some of the settings like firmware updating are unavailable to me? Is there any way I can change this?

Thanks for your help here.

Derry

8 REPLIES 8

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hey @Del80, thanks for getting in touch. The firmware updates should be in Expert Mode > Settings > Firmware Update, then Check for Update. Is it not showing? 

Yes I have tried that but the option for updating firmware is not there. It does say at the top of the page 1 user(s) logged in . Some Expert Mode settings in use', This may be something to do with it. Do you think I may need to reset the router or can you think of anything else?

Thanks for your help!

I can confirm this option is only available on the older Huawei routers and not available on the newer THG3000 using firmware revision 17.4.0272-2441010

@VFbroadbanduser wrote:

I can confirm this option is only available on the older Huawei routers and not available on the newer THG3000 using firmware revision 17.4.0272-2441010

Thanks for your helpful reply. Since posting I went on the Vodafone chat service who also confirmed this and said that there were no firmware updates yet for this new router. 

At some point though there will be a firmware update for the router; do you think this will happen automatically? 

Yes it automatically pulls the new firmware down.

I have had one new firmware update that fixed a bug in the menus. I've only had the router since August and the revision I posted earlier is the one I am currently on for the THG3000.

Hi,

Has anyone in this chain received an acceptable resolution from Vodafone?

My Vodafone vox 3 router seems to have the issue documented here. 

The router reboot frequency is fairly random for me.  I can go days with out a reboot and then it will reboot several time in the space of a few minutes.

I don't have any of the speed issues that some of the users have reported.  When the router is up the connection is stable.

There is clearly some sort of fault either hardware or firmware this is common among these routers.  I think someone from Vodafone needs take a closer look at the routers to determine what the fault is.

Looking at the responses that others have received from Vodafone, there appears to be a lot of fobbing off going on.  Trying to blame ethernet devices and getting users to plug the router into a the test socket to see if it solves a reboot issue isn't dealing with the issue.  The support staff either don't want to deal with the issue or simply don't have the correct skill set to deal with the issue.

Since evening Tue 15 Jan 2020 My WiFi Connectivity is not working:

SmartPhone

Device stuck at “Obtaining IP address…”

Device does work correctly when connecting to other WiFi Access Points

Desktop PC

Windows Network Diagnostics:

Problems found: “Wi-Fi” doesn’t have a valid IP configuration

VodaFone Hub

Model                                           THG3000

Hardware Type & Version            Vox3.0v

Firmware version                       19.2.0203-3261005-20191217122049-2861ba0dea80e3c1bd5a2e7c5fb0527a1550a0a2

Bootloader Version                   19.02.1146-0000000-20190110090550-897d2844f012557134a272eb8a8a90f85e9a7a8d

If I try "Settings", 'Firmware update' I get:

after 2 long chat sessions (>hr long) the on the 3rd session they asked me to try the reset pin  and this resolved all the issues.