Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Wifi isn't working properly for certain app

exbane
2: Seeker

I have Vodafone Superfast Broadband 2 installed and lately been having Wifi latency/connection problems for a particular TV streaming app on my iPad.

The Wifi connection for every single other app is good and works fine but for this one in particular it's extremely slow which causes the video stream to stop constantly.

I know that the problem is definetly related to the Wifi because I have tried using my phone's 4G as hotspot and then it works perfectly.

This has just started happening very recently.. last month I didn't have this problem at all.

Can someone suggest what the problem and solution might be?

Thanks,

6 REPLIES 6

exbane

I have also tried to reset the router to factory settings and that solved the issue for like an hour, but then the connection went poor again and the problems continued.

Re-installing this particular app did not help either.

DaneB
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hey @exbane, what's the app it's struggling with please? Also. have you made sure your iPad is update with the latest software?

Hey @DaneB

It's a TV streaming app called 'Meo Go'.

The app is definetly up-to-date as I have re-installed it and the iPad is also up-to-date with latest software.

Josh
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@exbane Is it just Meo Go you're having issues with using? Or do you face the same issue with the Wi-Fi on other apps too? 

Meo Go only.

Other apps work fine.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Probably because there is a court order blocking the site.  It's unclear if the site is supposed to be Portugal specific, or whether it allows access to copyrighted material in general.