Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Switching from Gigacube to home broadband

LMA103
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi all

I took a Gigacube a month or so back due to Vodafone being unable to provide me with any type of functional home broadband (I live in the countryside, getting max 2 mbps). Although expensive the Gigacube solved the problem. However, I am now moving to an area with good broadband service and would like to take out one of the Superfast packages and stop using the Gigacube. I am unable to change service online due to being part way through a contract on the Gigacube. I cant be the first one to do this but am concerned re the cost of getting out of the Gigacube contract, a contract I really had to take to get any sort of functioning wireless capability in my current home

Anyone with any advice/experience of a similar circumstance? Any info would be much appreciated. I have no doubt I will need to get on the phone to argue this out!

Thanks

Lee

1 REPLY 1

Evie
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hey there @LMA103 - If you are out of your 14-day cooling off period with your Gigacube contract, unless you are on a 30-day rolling contract, there will be an Early Exit Fee.

Then take out the Broadband line 😊 It wouldn't be classed as an upgrade due to the fact that Gigacube is Mobile broadband and Superfast is Home Broadband. It's worth speaking with our sales team on 191 or webchat as you may have a discount offer on your account, which they can advised on along with your best options regarding Home Broadband.