Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Youtube starts ok then buffers

Sigh-man
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi, 

i am having problems with my gigacube - 99% sites work fine but youtube seems to slow down after a few seconds and then the quality drops to 144p - its seems very much hit and miss

Thanks

Simon 

4 REPLIES 4

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

If you're not experiencing problems using any other sights @Sigh-man, it sounds like this could be connected to You Tube. Are you experiencing the same problem when trying to connect to You Tube via any other device? If you pop the SIM from the Gigacube and pop it into another device, do you have the same problem? If you connect to another streaming site, do you see the same issues?

Hi,

no other sites seem fine - my son was watching twitch yesterday and it was clear as day - but when he went to youtube it just kept buffering ,up until recently ( a few months ago) it was great you could watch at 4k no problem - it also happened on his tablet while netflix etc are fine.  

Hey, I am having this exact same problem with my Gigacube despite using it in an area with strong signal. 

Streaming, Netflix, Skygo etc work absolutley fine and on the highest video quality, but Youtube seems to take forever, if at all, to load videos and play them at even the minimum quality. 

Hoping Vodafone or someone else in the community will be able to assist with this!

Hi @Sigh-man and @NorthernTom With this seemingly only affecting YouTube, it's certainly something we need to investigate and raise with our backend teams. So we can take some further details and pass this on to the relevant teams, could you please contact our social team by following the instructions here. You can also include a link to this thread, so you won't need to repeat yourself.