Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Broadband speed not even meeting minimum gauranteed speed for seprfast 2

shahnawazatuk
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I recently got superfast 2 internet which has 67 mbps speed but i have never even got 30 mbps speed. Most of the times it don't even match minimum gauranteed speed of 27 mbps. Both ethernet and wifi goves maximum speed of 25 mbps. Have tried to chat with agents but it is of no use. They initially told that for first 10 days speed will fluctuate. But now still after 13 days speed is very less.

62 REPLIES 62

Jayach
16: Advanced member

@shahnawazatuk wrote:

Yes, it is without penalty as I have escalated just after 10 days. I just have one last query, when Vodafone says that it is superfast 2 fibre then in rouer settings why it is showing finre status as down while DSL status as connected.

Because the fibre settings in the router are for FTTP (Fibre to the Premises), which for Vodafone is Gigafast. (except Superfast 100 is also FTTP, confusing isn't it)

Superfast 1&2 are FTTC (Fibre to the Cabinet), also known as VDSL (Very-high-bit-rate Digital Subscriber Line, hence it is still DSL), which means only part of the broadband connection is fibre.

When FTTC was introduced it was the only type of fibre service available to the general public and so became called just fibre to differentiate it from the old ADSL service which was copper all the way.

I am with another provider now. Initially with them i got speed of 26-28 mbps. Then they sent openreach technician and after that i am getting speed of 44 mbps on this same line where Vodafone was unable to provide speed more than 24 mbps

Jayach

@shahnawazatuk

The daft thing is Vodafone could have sent the Openreach engineer the same as your new ISP, and he would have done the same job and they would not have lost you as a customer.

The problem is they just don't understand broadband so are unable to send the engineer at the right time. There have been reports on here of them sending multiple Openreach engineers when the problem is obviously WiFi related.

Madness!

I'd be double checking with Openreach to make sure the engineer was actually booked IMO. What a Vodafone CSM says and does are 2 different things.

Jayach

@Scanty81 wrote:

6.5Mbit/s download and 4.9Mbit/s upload with a ping of 35.0ms. Not great really is it?

We are asking for the Sync speed, not the download speed. You can find it by logging into the router or via the Vodafone app. See my previous example.

Previously i was getting sync speed of 25, now getting fixed sync speed of 29.6. But third party speed tests have not changed. they were showing speed of 24 to 26 mbps before and right now as well.

Openreach will say there's not a problem and revert to your supplier, which they will help with. BUT Vodafone will not book an engineer. I have IT and Network expertise and despite my arguments No one will inspect the cabinet. Openreach won't because the line is owned/leased by Vodafone and Vodafone won't request it because they don't have to.

Jayach

@Scanty81 wrote:

This is what the site says I can get. Nowhere near what I was quoted. 3 weeks in to contract and the speed drops to 3 or 4mb

Screenshot_20210721-164614_Samsung Internet.jpg

It is unlikely you would be quoted a speed different to that shown by the BT checker, as that is basically where they get their quoted figure from. What speed do you believe you were quoted.

A minimum speed of 32

Jayach

@Scanty81 wrote:

A minimum speed of 32

Well that agrees with the BT checker. But that is sync speed, so we still need to know what your sync speed is.