Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Superfast 900mb, only hitting 300mb!!!!

scurrie93
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

A little background, I am a computer networking enginer with multiple years of experince.

First got the fibre 900 in and was told it could take a while to hit speeds that were promised. Fair enough.
A week later and i was still getting less than the garunteed Minimum Speed (500mb). So i contacted Vodaphone and after me having to do multiple tests and send screen shots, they said they would look at it and get in touch.

They never did, i got in contact again and again I was told to run network tests (speed tests etc) which i had already done previously and had been keeping extensive logs of tests I would run multiple times a week. They again said someone would be in touch and again no one ever did reply.

Again i contacted, this time i asked if an enginer could come out and try and determine the fault. Instead they said they couldn't do that and they would instead send a new router to see if that was the issue.

The router was not the issue, the new one came and i again ran tests and again was barely making it over the 350mb mark (even though i was supposed to be on 900mb), AGAIN i contacted vodaphone and this time I was told that they have ran tests on their end and can connect to over 500mb (the minimum garuntee... funny that), and was practically called a liar by the agent i was talking too, they have now refused to send an enginerr out and have stated that its my devices where the issue lies. It really is not my devices, I have tested out the connection with no other devices attached and the wifi turned off on a device more than capable of gigbit connections and again the service speeds have come up short.

How can i get this issue taken seriously, I have now been with vodaphone around 2 months and have never hit the minimum garuntee of 500mbs.

If i could go back i would never have signed up.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jayach
16: Advanced member

@scurrie93 wrote:

Also just realised I can’t even put a complaint with the telecommunications ombudsman since vodaphone aren’t registered with them.

You can register a complaint with CISAS, but you would need to get a deadlock letter first. You would start the ball rolling on that by raising an official complaint.

Complaints Code of Practice | Vodafone

View solution in original position

54 REPLIES 54

Jayach

@scurrie93 wrote:

A little background, I am a computer networking enginer with multiple years of experince.

First got the fibre 900 in and was told it could take a while to hit speeds that were promised. Fair enough.

As a computer networking engineer with multiple years of experience, you should have known that was incorrect for an FTTP service. (I hesitate to use the word lie, but they will tell you anything to get you off the phone)

I agree it was bs, but I thought why not give them the benifit of the doubt. I could deal with it for a short time and if they corrected it then no problem. 

Now however I’m getting pretty ##~##. Months of dealing with them over and over again for a service I’m now seeing barely anyone on these forums is actually receiving. 

Also just realised I can’t even put a complaint with the telecommunications ombudsman since vodaphone aren’t registered with them.

not got a clue where to go from here, any advice? 

Jayach

@scurrie93 wrote:

You can register a complaint with CISAS, but you would need to get a deadlock letter first. You would start the ball rolling on that by raising an official complaint.

Amanda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello @scurrie93 - I've read through your messages and I'm sorry you're experiencing these issues with your Vodafone Gigafast service. 

As @Jayach has mentioned, you'd usually see the super fast speeds straight away - it does sound from the details you've provided about your conversations with our Gigafast team, that you're getting the speeds to your router but not to your devices. 

You can see more information on our Complaints Code of Practice online and we do use CISAS as our independent adjudicator, once all our internal channels to escalate have been exhausted.

We really would love to get this sorted, we can look into the complaint for you via social media too.

The problem is not my devices. My phone for example from the specs is capable of over 800 mbps here’s what I am getting:

A30907C5-50A9-4CE4-B19F-E8A71797D9C0.jpeg

my laptop and computer when directly connected to a router are capable of even more than my phone….

I know what I am talking about. So many others on this forum seem to have the exact same issue, is their a reason you guys are incapable of reaching 900mbps?

Jayach

There here have definitely been posts on here where people are getting the full speed on Gigafast. The thing is posts on here are usually because of problems, so you don't hear of the satisfied customers

If people are paying for a 900Mbs service, and not getting it, they would be complaining. like yourself.

It's obviously difficult to say what is causing your problem, but I imagine it to be the exception rather than the rule.

I would not usually suggest the social media route, but why not take up @Amanda's offer and see if they can shed any light on what is happening. (Do keep the complaint running in case you need to go the arbitration route)

Good luck, let us know how it goes.

In the same boat here. I am so sick of being passed around to different teams on web chat, I downright refuse to be put through to the 'wifi xperts' now, 40 minute wait and then they disconnect the chat because they can't be bothered. I've wasted 4 of my evenings on this now. Pay for 900mb/s but am only getting around 150. No one wants to help, I asked to cancel and they said I'd have to pay some hefty fees to leave at this stage, even though I'm not getting the service I'm paying for?! This is honestly the worst customer service experience I've ever had, should have stuck with Virgin. I have no idea what to do now.

Jayach

@Lukeisonfire wrote:

I have no idea what to do now.

Raise an official complaint, and if they can't fix it within 8 weeks, you can take it to CISAS who have the power to force them to let you leave without penalty, and can award compensation if they believe it to be warranted.

Hi, we are another vodafone speed problem household. Sold 900, I expected 900mbps. We didnt see a contract until after we had signed up. We had so much hassle with Vodafone over our mobile phones we didnt take much notice of the broadband for a few months. I was actually getting anxiety from the whole thing because it all made me so angry. I wont go into it but it was phone calls nearly every night for weeks on end for hours.  So we finally started to look at the broadband when we got 'buffering' , Im an ex network engineer from HP working for the joint venture optoelectronics company that created the first transmitters and recievers for broadband. I know a little about broadband, maybe more than they do.
We have been with Bt. for years on fttp and they were quite expensive so vodafone at £25 a month plus two totally unlimited phones for £10 each sounded amazing. BT always tell you a speed and thats pretty much what you get, sometimes even more. So when I looked and found we were getting 8mbps I was horrified. Everytime we rang them the day after it would be 530mbps but then back comes the buffering and the low speeds. Its always in the evening so you know its a shared or throttled, as soon as people start watching netflix etc. Even so it should be up in the 800-900mbps. Its like buying an apple pie and you get home and 50% has gone. 
We are awaiting a call back in 48 hours with a resolution but if it doesnt start to show in the region of 700 then cisas here I come. My partner is in retail and has seen every trick in the complaints book. We are ready to take them on. Watch this space. N