Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

broadband problem

paul1984
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi everyone 

since having cityfibre 900 installed a few months ago I've never had more than 100mb download speed. I just never got round to complaining. Anyway today I have no internet at all. Just flashing internet light on router. After over an hour on the phone doing various checks, power off on etc she said she will send out a new ethernet cable and some type of port? I've already replaced the ethernet 3 times so I don't see how that will help. unless Vodafone use a special ethernet cable that I don't know about. she seems confident it was all showing OK at her end and a new cable would fix it. Anyone any ideas of anything else I can try while I'm waiting on a new cable?

thanks 

2 REPLIES 2

Jayach
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

There is nothing special about the ethernet cable Vodafone use, so that will probably not help. can't imagine what the "port" will be.

What LEDs are showing on the ONT?

the power light pon light and Lan lights are all on constant  which I assume is a good thing.? the los light is off. I'm sorry she is sending out some type of filter as well as a new lead. maybe a adsl filter? I told her I don't think a new ethernet will work but she was adamant this would fix the issue. my guess is its an account or router problem