cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Another FTTP install with Digital Voice problems....

JamesB197
4: Newbie

I have just ditched Virginmedia and was initially pleased with my speedy new FTTP broadband. Unfortunately, I am also still suffering issues with the digital 'landline' a day later. I have a fibre connection box and Vox 3.0 router, so plugging my not so old Gigaset phone into the Tel1 socket should have been the only action. Placing a call shows the correct ported landline number at the receiving end. After the call is placed there is no ringing or other audio output for me but apparently the other party can hear me. I contacted Support and was given the old 'wait 24 hours and it should be fine' treatment. I see a lot of threads here of a similar nature, but not quite the same. Any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ripshod
16: Advanced member

Reset the router with the recessed button at the back (count a full 10 seconds), then wait 15minutes after the reboot before testing again. 

View solution in original position

12 REPLIES 12

Jayach

@JamesB197 wrote:
 As for the Gigaset C570H, both handsets worked fine the day before, so for now I'm assuming they are okay and it is something on the Vodafone side of things.

A reasonable assumption, I just thought it may be worth totally eliminating them, if possible.

As for resetting the router, it's not the length of time it's off for that's important, but whether it is a factory reset, so hold the reset button in for at least 10 seconds, or you can do it from the firmware.

Ripshod

It's just become normal for me to say to leave it to settle for 15 minutes so the provisioning server can do it's thing, plus any firmware updates. 

Jayach

@Ripshod wrote:

It's just become normal for me to say to leave it to settle for 15 minutes so the provisioning server can do it's thing, plus any firmware updates. 

I would expect the provisioning to be virtually instantaneous, but yes, any firmware updates required would take time and require automatic reboots. But as we've only had one update in the last couple of years (that I know of) I don't think that will be a problem. 🤣