Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Broadband Landline

Breakout123
2: Seeker

just changed to fibre broadband and landline but cannot use 1471 or 1571 and have been told these numbers are not supported on fibre??

anyone been told similar

12 REPLIES 12

Jayach
16: Advanced member

Lots of the services you expect on a landline, are not available on Vodafone's VoIP implementation.

These are not available, but are on PSTN (some are chargeable)

• Permanent Number Conceal
  • 3-Way Calling
  • Ring Back When Free
  • Free Voicemail
  • Voicemail Plus
  • Call Management Bundle: Anonymous Caller Rejection, Call Divert and Call Waiting

But it looks like 1471 should be.

Details from the latest Vodafone Home Broadband and Phone Price Plan.

vfcon112506.pdf (vodafone.co.uk)

I've just spent far too long in a chat with Vodafone Support, and eventually they admitted that 1471 works, but pressing 3 to call back does not. There are other VOIP implementations where it does work, so presumably Vodafone made the decision not to include it. No idea why.

PWR

1571 is an add on service which I requested via the online support and pay £2.65 a month for. BUT - it has never worked! I contacted online support and they tried some kind of reset, this was a few months ago and it is still not working. Every time I try I just get the "number temporarily unavailable" tones. To add insult to injury the 1471 service appears to have stopped working - it just rings endlessly. I really think Vodafone need to do some serious work on their voip landline service.

So all I can say is good luck!

Jayach

Is 1571 not voicemail? If so, it is available on request for free or £2.65 for voicemail plus with standard landline.

Neither of these (and much more) are available on the VoIP implementation.

See page 10 of the PDF I linked to earlier. vfcon112506.pdf (vodafone.co.uk)

Interesting, my bill includes a charge of £2.65 for voicemail plus - and I was not informed the service was not available when I asked for the add-on. This is very confusing.  

Jayach

Vodafone really have no idea what they are doing. Assuming you are on FTTP, when you asked for it to be added, the system shouldn't have allowed it, but obviously did.

That is the main problem with Vodafone, the systems do not work, so every thing seems to need doing manually, which will always lead to mistakes when the staff are not properly trained.

Thanks for your help, I'll ask for a refund. Amazing that a tech company could have such poor systems. It's a good thing the fibre is fast.

Jayach

@PWR wrote:

Amazing that a tech company could have such poor systems. It's a good thing the fibre is fast.

It is isn't it. 🤣

TradingBubble

Ironically SSE provided my Fibre Broadband for the 3 years previous to joining Vodafone late last year.  They actually use Vodafone for this service I believe.  I was able to use 1571 without any issue whatsoever, therefore I was rather perplexed how I now am not able to use it.  I will just get a cheap answerphone instead - job done.