cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

How long to transfer landline to Vodafone?

Helvetios
3: Seeker

We just got our broadband activated today moving from Sky and all seems to be working fine except for the landline. The number shows up in the My Vodafone app but I get the "has not been recognised" when calling it. 

How long does it typically take for the new line to be active, I of course want it usable ASAP especially as we're awaiting a new home care box that's compatible with the digital line. All in the household have mobiles so not like we have no means to call. 

Thanks 

10 REPLIES 10

Ripshod
16: Advanced member

How long is a piece of string?

Seriously though, in my case it took 14 days for an openreach engineer to visit, diagnose and fix at the exchange (coming from talktalk fttc to vf fttc). The upgrade to fttp was seemless though.

Everyone's experience is different though. 

Well since I've only had my broadband activated today I don't know if my landline should also be active at the same time? 

Should it be available as soon as I'm activated? 

Helvetios

So I'm home for lunch and tested it again as I set up the WiFi router and stuff this morning. Turns out I can call from our landline just fine, my mobile shows the correct number it's calling it from my mobile that doesn't work. 

Ripshod

Has vodafone sent you a phone adapter to plug in between your phone and the green socket on the router? 

Do I need a specific one? 

I already had an rj11 to rj45 adapter for something I had in the past so used that.

I can call from the landline OK just not to it. 

Ripshod

The correct adapter contains a bell capacitor to a third wire to make the phone ring. No bell capacitor, no ring. 

You can test this by calling your landline from your mobile and answering the landline when you hear that it's ringing on the mobile. 

Ripshod

If that test works you can either pester vodafone for the adapter, or just go to amazon

I'll paste a link for amazon

The problem I'm having is that when I call from my mobile it says "number dialled is not recognised" but if I call from the home phone to my mobile it works just fine.

Actually we did get an adapter, found it when looking through where I'd unboxed stuff. 

Ripshod

Ah. In that case I'd give it til tomorrow and test it again. Then raise a ticket with vodafone.