Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Landline Phone Profiles listed in Router

Archie07
4: Newbie

I switched to Vodafone BB and Digital Voice last week. At first I couldn't receive calls on my landline but this was resolved the next day after speking to someone who actually knew what they were talking about. Previously I had spoke to someone who wasn't clued up and they had to get access to my router to add files they said. This mafe no difference as this wasn't the problem and now when I log into the router on the overview screen there is profile 2, profile 3 and profile 4 listed under phone as well as a number starting with voi which is the only one required I understand. Is there a way of removing the profile ones? I have attached a photo to show what I mean.

Screenshot 2023-08-03 at VF_Router_Phone.png

8 REPLIES 8

Jayach
16: Advanced member

Your picture hasn't been moderated yet, but have you tried a factory reset on the router?

However I suspect the profiles are being setup via CWMP (TR-069), so that would need Vodafone to make changes at their end.

Thanks Jayach,

I reset the router and all back up and runnng fine.

Under phone I now only have the one beginning with voi and phone working fine.

Seems to have got rid of the profile ones, unless they appear later.

Thanks

Jayach

@Archie07 wrote:

Seems to have got rid of the profile ones, unless they appear later.

Thanks

If they weren't there right after the reboot, I wouldn't expect them to appear later

kj-mil71
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hello @Archie07 . Can you tell me what the person you spoke to "who knew what they were talking about" did to get your Vodafone VOIP landline to actually receive incoming calls? I have the same problem.

Ripshod

No-one fixed the problem. @Archie07 fixed the problem themselves by factory resetting the router. 

Hi @kj-mil71 . How long have you not been able to receive incoming calls? Mine was still not receiving calls 24hrs after setup. The person said an online process had still to complete and all should work when it finished, if not a few minutes would put it right. It seems that after the process completed it worked. ( The previous people I spoke to assured me all processes had completed and problem was at my end and nothing Vodafone could do, even suggested I needed new handsets, both of which I was pretty sure was not the case.) Is yours a new setup or did you move from another provider? Mine was a move from BT and I was concerned that I'd ended up with a split port and suggested this to "the person who knew what they were talking about", and they were able to check.

The reset of the router referred to by @Ripshod didn't fix the incoming call issue, it got rid of the needless files that Vodafone had added to the phone profile, by those who didn't know how to fix the issue.

Regards

Vodafone set me up with broadband and landline on the 20th October. The number was provided by Vodafone as there was no existing landline at the property. The landline has always been able to call out but it has never received incoming calls since the account was initiated. I've done a hard "factory" reset on the router before but no change. I did another this morning while on the phone with Vodafone 2nd line support. Again, no change. They have sent the problem back to the broadband tech support team. No one is any the wiser. The incoming calls do not seem to be getting routed through to Vodafone's network at all. All incoming calls fail to make any connection.

I think the caller heard the message "Number not recognised" when calling me. I assume that when you log into the router and on the overview screen under phone you have a number beginning voi....... . It must be something that Vodafone has not set up correctly. Keep trying as I did and hopefully you will get someone who can help. Unfortunately from experience some of the agents aren't very knowledgeable.