Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Landline had been removed

User110920
4: Newbie

It's come to my attention that Vodafone have decided to remove my landline and replace it with VOIP. Apparently, I just have to plug in my analogue phone to my router but the problem is I live in a four-story house. How am I supposed to connect all my phones to a single router? I'd like Vodafone to put back my analogue line. This behaviour is unacceptable. Now I have no phone line and was not told in advance. Thank you, Vodafone.

28 REPLIES 28

Jayach
16: Advanced member

Did you take out a new contract, I've not heard of them changing mid contract.

It's actually not difficult to connect your existing extension wiring to the Vodafone router, try googling "phone line re-injection"

I have not changed contract. I just want my old phone line back. I cannot receive calls.

Do you have any specific links for this "phone line reinjection"?

MarkWeinreb
4: Newbie

@User110920 

It’s nor a problem unless you make it one.

Your analogue phones are plugged into the master socket, right? Simply unplug the cable from there and using the supplied adapter* plug it into the back of the router.

This is what I’ve done. The main, living room, phone is plugged into the router’s TEL1 port, the phones in the bedrooms are connected via a splitter plugged into TEL2.

* If you didn’t get one, phone Vodafone and ask them to send you one. Alternatively buy a BT to RJ11 adapter from somewhere like Amazon.

So you're saying that I can use the master socket to convert all the phones in my household into a VOIP phone? The problem is I don't use Vodafone's router. I use my own router which does not have VOIP functionality.

Jayach

@User110920 wrote:

The problem is I don't use Vodafone's router. I use my own router which does not have VOIP functionality.

Then you are basically screwed, unless you get a Grandsteam ATA (Analog telephone adapter) and follow the postings here: Landline phone with own router on FTTP - Community home (vodafone.co.uk)

The Vodafone router is a pile of junk. There's no way I'll be using this crap to route my network cameras, NAS drives and security.

Can I just replace the old analogue phones with VOIP phones such as those cheap CISCO ones on eBay? Will I be able to use my landline number?

Jayach

Yes you can replace you phones with VoIP ones, but you will need a VoIP service to go with it, and you will not be able to use your current number, unless you can port it away from Vodafone,

So far people have only been able to use the Grandstream devices with the Vodafone phone service, doesn't mean someone won't manage to get other devices working, but not yet.