Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Router is in a different part of house from Cordless house phone

Suzie_73
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Landline phone is not in same room as router. My router is in my mums room as that is where it could come into the house and the House phone is in the living room so how can we get the cordless home phone to work just now since we can't plug it into the router. So, how is this going to work?  I have explained this to vodafone and all they gave me was an adaptor cable which can't use since the phone can't be put into the router needs to be in living room.

Can any member help me solve this problem as we need the landline working again so we can get calls in and out

9 REPLIES 9

Lucy_F

Hi @Suzie_73 We have an online guide on how to set up your landline which can be found here. If you have been switched to a digital voice service, the handset would need to connect to the router via the equipment provided. 

Lucy_F
I know that is how it is meant to be done but is impossible as the house phone needs to be in a different room and we cant run cables from it... Pity Vodafone didnt have a DV Adaptor like BT and EE has

Cynric
16: Advanced member

@Suzie_73 Plug a DECT base station into the router.

The house phone we have just now the base unit has the phone on it but we can't put that in the router as when the phone rings it would wake up parents. 

Cynric

@Suzie_73 Some DECT kits allow you to silence individual handsets.

Oh ok, I will check that out with the handset on the BT dect base unit

Jayach

@Suzie_73 

I presume you are saying you have been put onto FTTP had an ONT installed into your Mum's room. Is there also a BT socket in that room?

Hi
No there isn't a BT socket in the room.. Before we had the full fibre installed our router with the copper cable phone line was in my room plus there was a BT socket in the dining room which we can use now.. The house phone we have just now the base unit has the phone on it but we can't put that in the router as when the phone rings it would wake up parents. 

The house phone we have just now the base unit has the phone on it but we can't put that in the router as when the phone rings it would wake up parents.