Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Urgent help I understand.

clint_flick
12: Established
12: Established

Hi

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6273872/vodafone-complaint#latest

So an 83 year old needs to use the chat lines for potentially Life Saving Help?

6 REPLIES 6

Jayach
16: Advanced member

Appalling and disgusting treatment of an 83 year old. I hope the salesperson is found and severely punished, but I don't suppose they will be. 

WelshPaul

Fibre connections do not come with a copper line. Copper lines are being phased out and replace with Digital phones (VoIP) and come 2025/26 nobody will have a copper phone line if things run to schedule.

No idea who's to blame here, but this isn't going to be a quick fix. Maybe get your mum a DORO phone as they normally have a panic/SOS button on them? I understand that you shouldn't have to, but from a safety aspect its an option.

Anyway, hope it's resolved sooner rather than later.

Good Luck!

Anonymous
Not applicable

What annoyed me most reading this was the absolute moron from Vodafone who was completely unable to understand the context and expected that the customer should be waiting for up to 8 weeks for a resolution.

Jayach

@WelshPaul wrote:

No idea who's to blame here,

Vodafone are to blame for selling a fibre upgrade to an 83 year old who wouldn't understand the ramifications.

Evie
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi guys - We want to help with this. We are unable to respond to a separate forum, so we would need the account holder or a named contact on the account to get in touch with us directly to get this sorted. I understand that this is an important situation, especially at a time like this. 

Hi

They have contacted VF allegedly, and quotes names of Contacts.