Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone cannot tell me how to unblock a incoming number

ojos
4: Newbie

About a year ago I had a problem with someone calling me on my landline to which I objected.  I contacted Vodafone and they showed me how to set a block on the number. It has worked but now the situation has changed and I wish to unblock the number.  Unfortunately I have forgotten how I set the block and have searched the Vodafone website and found no information to help.

Since I've been advised that Vodafone runs my landline through BT Openreach I remembered that, when in the past I had a BT landline, that they published codes for customers to use which enabled blocking.  Checking their website they have a feature called BT Call Protect which is accessed by calling 1572.  However it responded "The service cannot be connected" but that suggested in principle Vodafone should be able to offer it also.

I've spent much of the afternoon on the My Vodafone chat app. While the staff initially denied knowledge og any call blocking feature, eventually they conceded that 1572 does exist but before using it I must call 17070 first to activate it. However there were problems as I needed documentation to sort things out. Vodafone staff the pointed me towards this document:

https://www.vodafone.co.uk › cs › groups › public › documents › document › vfcon063750

However after downloading it I could not find the information I need for managing my number blocking.

Can anyone help solve my problem either by using the 17070 & 1572 codes, or any way I can cancel the block on the number that I wish to unblock?

1 REPLY 1

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @ojos 

Looking at this Vodafone link Vodafone Home Phone _ Pdf there is a Vodafone number to call in regards to malicious calls 08080 034515 that's in connection to malicious calls.

If that does not help then try the Vodafone Social Media Teams via Facebook messenger or Twitter DM to see if they can help Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries. 

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.