Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

will i be able to activavte my landline

jonnyd
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I am working at the edge of my knowledge here and I need help from those who know more than I do.  My new VF broadband package went live on on 2 July.  I use a Draytek 2860n-plus router for internet access and have a reasonable amount of kit on my home LAN with stuff like beamforming sorted out, but before purchase of the VF servives I was not able to find out how to cope with the transition from POTS.  My router has no phone ports, and on top of this I have learnt that VF don't release SIP registration data.  I was rather hoping that I could find some cheap gadget that would work alongside my Draytek to maybe allow the old POTS phones to plug into one side, and use an ethernet or the WAN2 port on the Draytek to allw IP based phones to work.  It seems like I am out of luck on this.  Am I fored to use the VF router or are there other options.  I have heard that OpenReach may be installing FTTP in 3 to 6 months, so perhaps buying something like a Draytek 2865VAC could be an option, though I'd rather wait until I actually get an offer of FTTP.  Advice badly needed!

1 REPLY 1

Ripshod
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

If you hound customer services you will eventually find an agent who'll give you your voip details. But there's only a select set of devices that we have managed to get working (several Grandstream and a couple of Cisco), though attempting that is not for the uninitiated. Draytek routers with built-in voip will definitely not work.

A little light (sic) reading:

https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Landline/Landline-phone-with-own-router-on-FTTP/td-p/2709457/jump-to...