Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

5g cube

juDGEYuk
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hey can I use my own WiFi/mesh network with the cube? I spent over 300 for my current setup and want to use it with the cube. Modem mode or anything?

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5

Colleen
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@juDGEYuk So I've done a little digging 😊 It should work - If you're running through switches etc, you may need to change the ethernet settings to 'only LAN' for stability.
However, if you aren't using vodafone equipment in your setup, we're unable to guarantee that it will work. The person I spoke to is aware of other people using switches etc, without any issues though. 

Hey I took the plunge and ordered today, 

Will update to let you know the outcome.

how did you get on?

vegtable
4: Newbie

It will definately work - it is only an Ethernet LAN. Ideally your mesh can be put into 'bridge' or 'access point' mode rather than full router mode as otherwise you will create two LANs rather than extending the LAN from Giga Cube. If you do create two LANs devices directly on the Giga Cube will not be able to see devices on the mesh e.g. shared printers.

In theory you might be able to create static routes between the LANs but that is hastle and I doubt the Giga Cube or the mesh support static routes so best avoided if possible

Works great tho 2g WiFi speeds are so slow, I have some old tec that runs on 2g but speeds are like 3mb sec. So I tried my hardline and 2g speeds are maxing out my hardline.

So apart from that it works ok just a pain with slow 2gz