Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Account issues

ML5666
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi,

So bit of an odd one. I have had to flee my home due to DV. The last thing on my mind at the time was to pick up my Mifi box. I have contacted Vodafone explaining the situation and asking for a replacement box, as I cannot get access to the old one. The lady on the phone 'Lana' was so helpful but was advised by the sales team that whilst Vodafone were happy to block the number of the existing box but I would need to take out a new contract for a 'Mifi' box and pay a early termination fee of £400!! Surely that isn't right??? :Sad_face:

3 REPLIES 3

HelpfulBadger
11: Established
11: Established

Hiya,

First off I'd like to say I'm sorry to hear about your situation.

The way that Vodafone sales agents would want you to do it, you'd have to cancel the entire current contract (with that termination fee) and then take out a new one (which, by the way, would also impact your credit file as well as leave you seriously out of pocket).

You have a couple of other options though:

You can go into a store and buy a Pay as you go mifi device, completely ignore the sim that comes with it (I'm not sure if you'd have to buy data or not) and get a sim swap for your contract and pop that sim into the new device - According to the website this would cost about £50.

You can buy a replacement device from somewhere like amazon (e.g. link, link), and either go into a store or call/webchat/social media to get a sim swap and use the replacement sim in this device as well.

I understand that both of these do involve spending money, but they're a hell of a lot cheaper than what's been offered to you "officially"

Hi @ML5666, we're sorry to hear about your situation, we understand that this must be a difficult time. @HelpfulBadger has provided some useful information, if you would like one of our team to take a look at this in more detail, please send us a message on Facebook or Twitter. You can find all the contact details here

Hello

@helpfulbadger. A very kind gentleman Neil contacted me from Customer services and when I explained the situation he treated me with courtesy, understanding and kindness. My issue was resolved and it was great to see a company react positively to what is a horrendous and difficult situation. To be honest you don't know if you are on your head or your heels, so when someone like Neil steps in and deals with you gently and kindly it really helps. Thank you so much for getting back to me and offering help and support. A+++ Vodafone. 👍