cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Any way to improve 5g latency / ping ? (5G Gigacube)

Jonoob
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi Guys,

5G has started to roll out in my area and from time to time my GigaCube latches on to that connection. My ping on both 4G and 5G is around a stable 40-50. Is there anyway to improve the ping when im on 5G? I see a lot of people online mention that 5G can have around 5-10ms with a strong connection. Has anyone experienced this low ping on Vodafone or am I missing something? In the Ethernet settings, I am currently using Google's DNS.

Cheers

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Anonymous
Not applicable

As current 5G networks are non-standalone, pings will be similar to 4G. However, this will improve over time as backhaul improves and 4G is used less as a fallback.

Hope this helps. :Winking_smiley:

View solution in original position

2 REPLIES 2

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @Jonoob!

There are a few things you can try to improve your speeds:

• Repositioning your device to an area with better signal and avoiding any barriers that might impact your signal may improve your connection
  • When having fewer devices connected at the same time, this may improve the speed you get
  • Switch off your Gigacube and take out the SIM card. After 30 seconds, insert the SIM card back in and turn your Gigacube back on
  • You can also check to see if we're aware of any issues with 5G in the area through our network status checker

Please let me know how you get on and if any of these steps have helped :Thumbs_Up:

Anonymous
Not applicable

As current 5G networks are non-standalone, pings will be similar to 4G. However, this will improve over time as backhaul improves and 4G is used less as a fallback.

Hope this helps. :Winking_smiley: