cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Are Vodafone providing a solution to NAT issues on games consoles? xbox, ps4, switch

highlandsports
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Since joining Vodafone and attempting to play my consoles through my 4G LTE device I've come across the various NAT issues everyone is experiencing and have tried various methods to get my devices online with my Vodafone sim (including borrowing kit from my networks team in work for port forwarding and static IP addresses, tethered VPN's, and other wonderful solutions.). Seems that theres no way to address the NAT issues that everyone experiences trying to game over the Vodafone network.

With the introduction of these 4G/5G home broadband solutions (Gigacube) is this something that Vodafone will be addressing? From looking into this issue there appears to be a large amount of people joining Vodafone, realising that they won't support games devices over 4G/5G and then cancel thier contract. I am currently in this exact situation with a new 30day contract. I'm happy with everything else on Vodafone, great signal+plan etc, but not being able to play consoles over a tethered connection is a massive drawback for me where this is required when I'm working away and if I can't get a solution I'll no doubt be leaving Vodafone for another provider.

Surely Vodafone can't just turn a blind eye to this any time someone brings it up? Especially with the Home broadband they are offering (Which if this issue was ironed out I would absolutely be signing up for!)

Cheers

37 REPLIES 37

Evie
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi everyone - For these NAT type issues, could you drop us a message on social media? In the your message to us could you have filled in the network initial check template and send that over. The more examples we collate, the better 😊

NO I'll not do that. Vodafone is asking for too much private information!!

How long will it take to fix that issue!!! How many more months or perhaps years!!! I'm getting fed up with Vodafone!!!

Sorry but can you read this whole topic? Check date when it started and going thru you can see how many times this was asked from users. And you know what? We all know what is problem and it's not on our side. It's network issue NAT type 3 as me and few other people using same public IP address because Vodafone is providing to users PRIVATE IP. That's the problem. And I can understand for majority of people this is no problem BUT FOR ME AND SOME OTHERS IT'S A HUDGE ISSUE!

I need it for a lot of services PUBLIC IP and OPEN NAT! 

So, when we can expect this to be resolved? Please give us EXACT DATE not we are working on it. If so PLEASE SACK YOUR WHOLE DEPARTMENTR ON THIS AND GIVE US THER JOBS! As we know what problem is!

Hi 

This NAT issue has crossed to ps5 also predictably... 

Has there any progress that has been made? Can we escalate this to your leadership?

Thanks

Hahaha don't be silly, this can't be solved in the short...

Any viable workarounds?

https://www.aa.net.uk/broadband/l2tp-service/

This is the only work around I found, which I tried for a month. It did work but I could not warrant the extra expense.

In my eyes it should be a service that Vodafone provide as a repercussion of the screw up they created. 

Delighted to be resurrecting this one two years later. 

Have vodafone made any progress whatsoever on a resolution?

vegtable
4: Newbie

Well, there are people telling me that they have port forwarding working but no matter what I try it won't work for me over Vfe - clearly I am not alone. For me it is not a big deal as the Vfe broadband is just for failover should my primary broadband go down.  I can appreciate for anybody wanting to play games it would be a complete non-starter. I do wonder if typical 4G latency would kind of be a real downer for many gamers anyway? Of course 5G should not have the latency issues.

RyanK95
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi guys, still getting the same problem in October now. Is this issue going to be addressed?

We live in rural Scotland and just set up our gigacube on a trial from Vodafone yesterday.

Really impressed with the speeds but this NAT issue is kind of a deal breaker.