Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

[SOLUTION] NAT Type Strict on Gigacube

KXNGSV
2: Seeker

Hello I noticed there's a lot of people asking for a solution for the strict NAT type while gaming on consoles. 

After much reading on various forums I've managed to forward the ports for multiple consoles connected to my Gigacube network

The solution I've found unfortunately involves paying for an additional service, the L2TP from Andrews and Arnold's.

This requires you to configure the VPN settings on your gigacube's admin portal using the details emailed to you once you purchase the L2TP service from AAISP. 

If you contact technical support at AAISP, they will be able to guide you on how to configure the VPN settings correctly. 

This process will give you a static IP, allowing your UpNP to port forward for consoles

Others report that simply configuring the VPN settings changed their NAT straight away but I had to ask a technical support adviser at AAISP to apply a /29 IP range to my account with them which for some reason instantly forwarded the ports on my xbox, however, on other consoles you'll have to manually select a different port on the advanced settings for the console itself. 

Hope this helps. 

11 REPLIES 11

BrodyStag
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

How easy was the set up for AAISP?

DillyVanili

Hi,

Appreciate it’s been some time, but could you possibly provide detailed instructions on how you got this to work? I’ve got AAISP set up on my router but that alone isn’t correcting the issue, I’m a bit lost about what I need to do next.

Ta,

D

Any more information on this?

just ordered gigacube (mainly for gaming) hope I can find a way around the strict Nat issues otherwise it’ll be going back

For gaming, it completely depends which systems and how many you are using. I have just cancelled my A&A after only a single month, don't get me wrong they have fantastic customer service and will try all routes to get your NAT type improved but just a heads up that it does not always work. It costs £20pm if you wanted the /29. 

I have had better results using my laptop as a hotspot and purchasing Speedify and Connectify. I have also tried out the FIXNAT app  from the Android play store and that works perfectly for the Nintendo Switch but unsure about other systems. FIXNAT costs a measly 3.99 a month. 

I will be using it mainly on a PS4 & PS5 for Call of Duty, any advice on what I should do?

only broadband I can get is ADSL. I was looking at getting the best 4G/5G LTE that I could get. Vodafone fit that bracket but then I found out about the NAT issues

Personally I’ve not had too many issues on PS4 and Xbox, but that may be because they tend to use dedicated. servers. No luck with my Switch though.

To the person who recommended FixNat, thanks! Works a treat for me with my phone hotspot; I can play Mario Kart online again!

If only there was some way to install it on the router...

So I’ve decided to purchase a TP-Link LTE router and get unlimited 5G with VOXI.

anyone gone with them before?

No worries aboutthe FIXNAT only works for the Switch, which is gutting but does help massively when I am playing games with the family. 

Please keep us updated with how the TP Link works for you. Did you purchase a 4G or 5G model?

4G for now, 5G LTE routers are extortionate a the moment. Will eventually get one when I find a reasonably priced one