Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

GigaCube unstable 5G

Ash194
5: Helper

Despite having a full 5G signal at all times the GigaCube randomly drops away. The only way to get it back is to login to the device and run a location test, this in turn forces it to jump back into 5G with a full signal. Just wondering why the device is not doing this automatically if it momentarily looses the 5G signal? I don't want to have to keep doing this .

57 REPLIES 57

What model have you got? The one I've got reads vitals as:

Device name:  H112-370
Hardware version:   WL1H112M Ver.A
Software version:  10.0.1.1(H312SP1C983)
Web UI version WEBUI:   10.0.1.1(W2SP12C7110)
Configuration file version:   H112-370-CUST 8.0.1.1(C1217)

Device name H112-370
Hardware version WL1H112M Ver.A
Software version 10.0.1.1(H302SP2C983)
Web UI version WEBUI 10.0.1.1(W2SP3C7110)
Configuration file version H112-370-CUST 8.0.1.1(C1217)

Your software version is different from mine Bravo.
I've never had any updates since I got the router.

Still says I'm up to date when I check.

Hmm. Identical then!

Edit - not identical - as you say, yours is running a slightly different code base it would appear!

What app and device are you using to access it?

I'm directly conencting to the router over 5Ghz Wifi (not that should make a difference), using the iOS app "Huawei HiLink" version 9.0.1.305. As said tried on both phone and tablet with identical results.

Both my Samsung Tab tablet and Huawei Mate 20 X showing the same and the HiLink app is 9.0.1.312 (Android)

Yeah. Looks like it's possibly then down to slightly(?) different software on the unit...

Yours:

Software version 10.0.1.1(H302SP2C983)
Web UI version WEBUI 10.0.1.1(W2SP3C7110)

Mine:

Software version 10.0.1.1(H312SP1C983)
Web UI version WEBUI 10.0.1.1(W2SP12C7110)

Yes I'm not an expert on router updates, but yours looks newer than mine.

According to the app (cant see it on the web interface), my router software was last updated on 29th September 2019. I first set this unit up in mid-August, so it looks as though it must've updated itself somewhere along the way...I too was unaware of any (obvious) updates.

Any thoughts from Team Vodafone?

Hope you get some help on this Bravo, sorry for wasting your time with you not having the network settings, just thought they would be the same. 

We'll just have to swap routers if you don't get anywhere. lol. 

I think my router is def. dodgy now....had the HiLink app sitting open on the tablet on my desk, tried the Network Carrier tab again, and lo and behold I got the attached "ghosted" screen, with the missing setting!

I couldnt select anything though. Then just as quickly as it appeared, the greyed out options disappeared again altogether.

...and its lost 5G again! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Weird, I can definitely select any of the 3 settings, but as I said I selected 5G in error and it wouldn't budge off 5G lol. I had to reset to get my 4G back.

I wonder if Vodafone could supply an update file to enable the network settings in the router as there is a section in updates to use a local update file.

It would be a lot more convenient for their users.