Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Gigacube and slow to load pages

rgiblin
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

We have just moved from EE 4GEE to Vodafone Gigacube due to the unlimited data package.  Only 1 day in and there is definitely an issue with the Gigacube devices or firmware.

Whilst the speed is 50+mbps loading of pages can take upto a minute.  

I have dropped the sim into another unlocked 4G device and this worked without an issue, so the fault with the Huawei device which is really disappointing.

I have seen a few other issues but seriously need to resolved this within the next 13 days because if its not fit for purpose then I will raise further.

Can I please get some guidance. 

43 REPLIES 43

So it looks like the reply I made with the solution has been removed by these forums - they said it was spam?!!

The solution is still working for me btw!!!

In summary, the solution was to create a new APN on the router, and use your own DNS. 

Just another way for Vodafone to make it hard for customers.

Good work my man, I am trying it out.... i am still with in my 14 days right of return so will let you guys know if works

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've just tried this fix and it's looking really promising, thank you for sharing! Will post back after I've used it for a while longer.

Good stuff. I've been using this fix now for over a month with no issue at all. If only Vodafone would ship the Gigacubes with this...

Hi

FWIW I had this issue which has got worse during this year - had Gigacube 4G since last December. Just replaced Gigacube with a TP-Link Archer MR600 and issue completely solved. Also Archer is 4G+ compliant so I’m now getting double the download speed and 50% more upload (65/45). 
shouldn’t have to buy a new router but hey, well with it - it also has 4 x Gigabit network ports, Guest WiFi etc 👍

I’m having terrible trouble getting Gigicube to hook up to web pages..it was great first few months. my speed is fine when I do speedtest(apart from the hookup to webpage). I changed my vodaphone sim to my o2 sim and that worked fine nice and fast. Anyone help ? I try vodaphone chat but keep getting cutting off..then have to go through hours to say same story! Very frustrating!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Try the post marked as Potential Solution above, it worked for a few people, myself included.

Here’s the link:

https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Mobile-Broadband/Gigacube-and-slow-to-load-pages/m-p/2671997/highlig...

Thanks for this solution.

I had tried changing the DNS setting previously under Network Settings—>Ethernet—>Dynamic IP and also did not work. Have had the Gigacube for over a year and it was replaced once.

Hopefully your solution works through the new APN - was about to buy the TPlink 4G+ router, but will see how this setting works.

Are you still having trouble free access?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yep, no trouble at all since changing the APN! I tried to bring it up with Vodafone but just got brushed off since I was “no longer having any trouble connecting”.

Changing the DNS settings directly unfortunately doesn’t seem to work and just gets overridden by the APN settings.

Yes the TP-Link MR600 is rock solid and noticeably faster than the Gigacube both on Speedtest and in real world feel. Highly recommended.

I could not use the APN fix as the 4G Gigacube settings on my model did not allow DNS settings to be altered.

F11F7B5D-A689-45AA-A1C5-D564366FB04A.png