cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

I have a new mobile broadband device and want to connect my HP 2700 wireless printer to it...

katrinap
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have a new Vodafone mobile WiFi device and want to connect my HP 2700 wireless printer to it.  It was previously connected to a Huawei mobile broadband router on Three but their signal was crap so switched over to Vodafone.

I've reset the printer wireless settings and in the HP Smart app on my iPhone I am trying to connect the printer to the new WiFi connection but it says it can't find anything.

Is there something I'm missing?  Can a printer not connect to the mobile WiFi device?  It obviously doesn't have a WPS button or a USB connection.. so am struggling here... any help/ideas appreciated.

Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @katrinap, I'm sorry to hear you're struggling to connect your printer to your Mi-fi device! I've done a little digging and have found a helpful video here, which will give you step by step instructions on how to pair your printer.

Hi Jack,

Thanks for your response.  I had found the same video previously and set up the printer fine to the Three mobile broadband I had following those instructions,  I've retried the same instructions, and getting the below error. It does seem to be something to do with the Vodafone network as I can print directly to the printer from my mobile phone using the direct print option.  However I should be able to print from my computer, but in order to do that I have to connect the printer to the Vodafone network which I can't seem to do at the moment.  How do I check for the proposed 2.4 GHz network it's suggesting?

unnamed.jpg

Evie
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hey @katrinap, thank you for checking out that video - Sorry to hear you're still having issues with connecting to your printer.

To change WiFi channels just follow the below instructions as you may currently be connected to 5Ghz:

1.        Download and install the Vodafone Broadband app on a device connected to the router's WiFi network
  2.        Start the app and follow the prompts to pair the app with the router.
  3.        Tap on the 'My Wifi' option, then scroll down and tap on the 'Wifi Channels' option.
  4.        The next page will show you the two frequencies the wifi is broadcast on; 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz, we need to change channels on both to have an effect.
  5.        Select 2.4 GHz, and the app will display a list of 13 channels, change the selected channel to one that has no numbers next to it on the left hand side.

Hope this helps!