Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Locked Mifi device? No access to same.

Cleaver
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi, thanks for having me. 

I purchsed a Vodaphone R218h (otherwise known as a Huawei E5573 4G) a little over a year ago. It came unlocked. I placed a Vodaphone SIM inside and all has been well. 

Now I want to change the SIM to Three and it won't work/logon to their network - also since I tried this I'm now unable to access my device, either.

It seems Voda phone have locked it - even though it's owned by me - would you agree?

I've applied for it to be unlocked and Voda have referred it to Huawei???????? They say it takes 10 working days.

Any helpful suggestions would be most welcome?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

As far as I'm aware @Cleaver mifi devices, dongles and most phones supplied by Vodafone are locked out to them unless unlocked via Vodafone.

Once a device or phone is unlocked to all network's it wouldn't re lock to Vodafone even after any type of factory reset.

Unlocking your device is pretty much the same process as a phone.

A.similar thread 》Unlocking-a-mobile-WiFi-device. 

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @Cleaver 

If you are using an R218 it will be a Vodafone device and unless the device had already been unlocked would have come locked as new to the network. The link from the other poster will explain how to use the unlock code, when this has been done you will need to instal the settings from Three.

If you are having a problem installing the device to your PC after trying the Three SIM, you will need to reinstall the device to you PC..   

Please follow this link: Device Guides R218