Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Mobile broadband SIM with a public IP

joelyb
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Do Vodafone offer a mobile broadband SIM with a public IP address (static or dynamic)? I tried using the chat service but the agent didn't seem to know what I was talking about. Can you supply one on a business account?

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@joelyb We do offer Mobile Broadband to our Business customers - this will have a public address. As it will use our mobile network, this will show as a mobile number rather than a static or dynamic address 😊

If you'd like to discuss our latest offers, you can speak with our Business team through 191 from a Vodafone mobile or on Live Chat - they'll be happy to find a deal that matches your needs.

Thanks Natasha, I'll give them a call.

vegtable
4: Newbie

Hi,

I am not familiar with Vfe business packages. The domestic pacakges all use CGNAT so no public IP. I really don't understand what Natasha is saying, a telephone number is not a substitute for a public IP address - sounds like gobbldygook to me. You could just use a 3rd party tunnel service such as Andrews and Arnolds L2TP service. You will then get public static IPv4 and IPv6 addresses and be able to port forward. I have been using this setup for months and has been reliable.

V