Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

R212 Firmware Upgrade

middletg
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi

Could someone please tell me where I can get the firmware upgrade for the R212.  I bought an R212 a couple of days ago to replace an old 3G MiFi that I had as we now have 4G coverage in our area.  While I get good download speeds of 30Mbs from 3 out of 5 bars on 4G, surfing the web is painfully slow as the browser (Chrome) constantly says Resolving Host... which I assume means it is doing a DNS lookup.  My diagnostics are:

Product nameR212-Z
Software VersionBD_R212V3.1
Web UI Version2.008.5513
Hardware VersionVer.B(T3)

I am hoping the 3.5 firmware upgrade will help resolve this.  Could someone please let me know where I can download this from and how to install it.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

You need to factory reset the device, then it wil see it. I had the same problem :Smiling:

View solution in original position

218 REPLIES 218

Hello,

Currently running DB_R212V3.5 and still having issues with the WiFi knocking off during the night when no one connected.

I know the very latest Polish firmware (V4.2 i think) solves this issue, question is when is Vodafone UK going to share the love ?  I've seen people asking for it, but the only response they receive is it's not available in the UK at the moment.  You have a product here that doesn't completely work as advertised (hasn't for months), with a potential fix available, we just need a timeframe.  Can Vodafone discuss this internally (between countries if necessary) and come back to this thread and update their customers with an ETA ?

Regards

MobileGuy

Amanda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @nickdiacre

I've sent you the required info. 

Hello @MobileGuy we'll update our Vodafone Mobile Broadband Software page when we have any new releases. 

We're not able to provide a timescale for this. 

Hi @Uriel

I've sent you the latest firmware. 

You will need to back up a copy of your current firmware if you wish to save it. Once you update it will wipe your old one. 

The latest versions are for Vodafone UK, we don't have further info on other countries updates.  

The firmware won't affect your device if it's already unlocked to use with other SIM cards. 

If you need anything else let me know. 

Thanks,

Amanda 

Please can you send me the latest firmware for the R212, thank you.

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@s4vva

The latest R212 software is now available online.

@Ben_H that looks like the complete software package, I only need the latest firmware. Please send me the appropriate link.

+1 on the latest firmware, already have the latest software revision

Hi There

I have the latest software. Can I please get the latest firmware with instructions on how to apply it to the unit?

Thanks

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all,

Please find more information on firmware updates online.

What terrible support, the update doesn't work, there's no instructions on how to do it, and you link to pages that basically link to nowhere.

Brilliant work team.

Have you actually followed your own link? It does not lead to a firmware package. Terrible support.