Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

R212 Firmware Upgrade

middletg
2: Seeker

Hi

Could someone please tell me where I can get the firmware upgrade for the R212.  I bought an R212 a couple of days ago to replace an old 3G MiFi that I had as we now have 4G coverage in our area.  While I get good download speeds of 30Mbs from 3 out of 5 bars on 4G, surfing the web is painfully slow as the browser (Chrome) constantly says Resolving Host... which I assume means it is doing a DNS lookup.  My diagnostics are:

Product nameR212-Z
Software VersionBD_R212V3.1
Web UI Version2.008.5513
Hardware VersionVer.B(T3)

I am hoping the 3.5 firmware upgrade will help resolve this.  Could someone please let me know where I can download this from and how to install it.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

You need to factory reset the device, then it wil see it. I had the same problem :Smiling:

View solution in original position

218 REPLIES 218

I echo the sentiments of others here, support is terrible, sending us a link to a dead page.

I've been trying for 10mths now to get a fix to the WiFi dropping off after a few idle hours problem, a problem which Vodafone Czech Republic have a firmware update for, but Vodafone UK dont and anytime I ask for the latest firmware, I'm either provided links to software downloads or told to log a support ticket directly, which will result in the same answer, we don't have the firmware update your looking for, we don't talk to Voafone Czech Republic.

Seriously, what gives...how can you be satisfied providing support like this, Vodafone is a joke

Uriel

Good Day,

This is the Version of Firmware I am currently running :

Product nameR212-Z
Software VersionBD_R212V3.1
Web UI Version2.008.5513
Hardware VersionVer.B(T3)

Could you please email me the Latest Mac Version of the Firmware?

I have a few questions :

1) Would it be possible to back up my current firmware to make sure I can roll back if need be?

2) Is the latest version of the software for any country? 

3) Would I be able to connect the device to other Networks when I swap SIM cards like I do at the moment ?

nickdiacre
4: Newbie
Likewise, I wouldn't bother posting here. I have the same problem and the answers have not been of any help, nor have the personal emails from Vodafone CS. I have voted with my feet and am using an ee buzzard. No problems with connecting to the unit, better coverage.

nickdiacre
How do you identify the firmware? Also I have not managed to do an upgrade with any of the versions VF sent me privately... They did not answer when I asked for advice/support.

Nick

nickdiacre
Are there actually any VF support staff online? Or is this thread being ignored?

Nick

I unfortunately don't have the device with me to guide you through step by step but will do so later. 

@ydelong @nickdiacre @s4vva @MobileGuy @garethdenzil

I've sent you all an email containing the latest Firmware update we have for the R212.

Please follow the instuctions, and let us know how you get on.

This seem to be the same version as currently installed, if you check the firmware version it shows as BD_R212V4.0

However, if this is the latest firmware, where did all other (NEW) versions come from?

To check the version you need to go to wireless router web interface

192.168.0.1 (in your browser)

Login

select help

Diagnostics

Thank for the file. I have downloaded it but the password 'Vodafone' for the zip file does not work.

Incidently the file sent looks like it's v3.5, where as on my device I have v3.1 so hopefully (once I am able to unzip it) this helps!

Give it a shot, it should work. My device is on this current version and seem to be fine