Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

R219 mobile hotspot keeps losing connection

mareemacrae
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi, I am 10 days into my contract for a Vodafone Mobile Hotspot using the R219 mifi router. I have been on chat 3 times wasting around 3 hours of my time so far. This router keeps losing connection. The signal in the area the router is in is perfect!! I can always connect on my phone to the Vodaphone mobile network at this location, and get full bars of service. So lets start at the beginning. I contacted Vodaphone as I wanted to set up security cameras in a location away from my house. Vodaphone suggested a mobile hotspot, and to keep the router going, plug in a battery backup as obviously I need 24/7 coverage. All sounded SO easy doesn't it!! Well the damn router has now dropped connection 3 times. I know its the router because when its up and running my phone auto connects to the hotspot wifi, but on these occasions it did not. Why is this router constantly dropping connection? Is it a cheap piece of kit your selling purely to get sales? Have you thought about the reasons people would want a hotspot? Am pretty sure running it with Security Cameras in remote locations is a top driver of sales.  I have more than one camera therefore I was advised a Dongle would only work if one of the cameras would set up a hotspot!! This is absolutely infuriating for me!!! I do not have the time to be driving to the location every time the router drops connection and turning it on and off manually!  Oh and your Router access page is not working either VodaphoneMobile.wifi

10 REPLIES 10

Tips to fix-

1. RESTART PHONE

2. MODIFY HOTSPOT TIMEOUT SETTINGS

3. DISABLE BATTERY SAVER

4. DISABLE WI-FI

5. UPDATE PHONE

Greeting,

Rachel Gomez