Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

R219H MiFi Expectations

Marcus-K
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have today received my R219H MiFi hub and begun testing.

A couple of quick questions before I send it back.

1 - is there ay sort of learning or training phase, is this performance likely to improve?

2 - Why would the upload performance be greater than the download performance?

I've tried the hub in a fe3w locations around the home and have also tried multiple devices, the speeds shown below are representative for all tests I've run.

Thanks.

Screenshot 2021-05-06 161259.png

13 REPLIES 13

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @Marcus-K 

Take a look at your local and surrounding masts via inputting your postcode into the Vodafone status-checker to check what your expected to achieve and to see if there are any known issues with your masts.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

It reports no issues.

Screenshot 2021-05-06 164923.png

Screenshot 2021-05-06 165135.png

BandOfBrothers

I see from your expected data download speeds showing on the service Checker @Marcus-K @ your getting a bit more than the lowest speed

Unfortunately 4G speeds can fluctuate due to weather , location, population using the masts and mast congestion.

Current Phone  >

@BandOfBrothers wrote:

I see from your expected data download speeds showing on the service Checker @Marcus-K @ your getting a bit more than the lowest speed

Indeed. Thank you for the reply, but a bit more than the slowest speed doesn't really do the job though as I was hoping that this was going to be an alternative to the equally appalling speeds I get from my home fiber provider.

Just to confirm, before I send it back; on a clear day without weather, before everyone got home from work, this was the result, so it's unlikely to be better than this, is that a fair assessment?    

BandOfBrothers

Have you ever used a phone with a Vodafone sim card in where you live.

I'm wondering what speeds you got then.

In regards to your current data speeds it can fluctuate when 4G is concerned.

Try rebooting the device.

Have you looked at the Vodafone Gigacube or the fixed broadband speeds Vodafone give such as Vodafone Home Broadband Pro.

It also depends what your wanting to do when connected as to what the speeds will allow @Marcus-K 

Current Phone  >

@BandOfBrothers wrote:

Have you ever used a phone with a Vodafone sim card in where you live.

I'm wondering what speeds you got then.

In regards to your current data speeds it can fluctuate when 4G is concerned.

Try rebooting the device.

Have you looked at the Vodafone Gigacube or the fixed broadband speeds Vodafone give such as Vodafone Home Broadband Pro.

It also depends what your wanting to do when connected as to what the speeds will allow @Marcus-K 

My Vodaphone phone SIM is equally miserable, I had some forlorn hope that perhaps this would be better, better internal chipset, access to some reserved part of the network, I don't know really.

Any other broadband provider at my address has to use the same old copper from the cab to the house, so there is no point switching. As to what I want to do, little is possible with these speeds. Anyway, I appreciate your help but I'll get this sent back. The words "UP TO 150mb" worked very hard on the web page were I ordered this clearly..! 

Just for info, I live in a town with a population of 80,000, I'm not in the middle of some moor..! The service, from everyone, is simply very poor.

BandOfBrothers

Ok @Marcus-K 

Possibly your in a not - spot or fringe coverage area then.

Current Phone  >

@BandOfBrothers wrote:

Ok @Marcus-K 

Possibly your in a not - spot or fringe coverage area then.

I have to conclude so yes. These coverage maps that all networks publish are works of fiction as far as I can tell.

Anyway, thanks for you help, 36 mins on hold with customer services finished and it's going back.

Keep well.

BandOfBrothers

The Status Checker gives an indication of expected coverage but isn't a guarantee of said speeds which is explained in the disclaimer on the Checker page.

That said, Take care @Marcus-K 

Current Phone  >