Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Very slow 4g Download, yet upload is fast

Spacedad96
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi there, I have a 4g gigacube router and I noticed today that the speeds gradually grew slower and slower, down from 25mbs to 0.5mbs.

Reset the router, took out the sim, everything and it was still slow. 

So I decided to run a WiFi speed test on my phones 4g (also on Vodafone) and the speed was the same, however the upload speed was 14mbs.

I took to customer service and they told me to reset the network on my phone which, surprise surprise, didn't work because it wasn't my devices issue it is generally just the 4g speed in the area today. They then transferred me to another person who got me to change my apn and told me to take my phones sim out despite me saying I didn't have the tool for the sim tray.

The speed is still terrible, both my WiFi and phone rely on the 4g to use the Internet and I'm not getting any speeds above maybe 1mbs at the absolute max which is making everything a lot harder.

I don't understand how the speeds in a town with full 4g coverage are somehow worse than in the middle of a field on and island in Scotland when I lived there last year!

1 REPLY 1

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @Spacedad96 

May I suggest to input your postcode into the Vodafone status-checker to check for expected speeds, and if any local or surrounding masts are showing any issues.

The Vodafone Social Media Team's here can take a look if you can please use the template in the following link and copy and paste it back here with your answers.

Network-issues-initial-checks-and-template. 

I wish you all the best with this. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.