Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Random loss of network on router and on phone

Greyowl99
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I have a Talkmobile sim ( 200 gb ) which I have used for about a year in a zte router in our camper van

No issues - D/L is usually 15-20 Mb/sec - fine for me.  This is 4G

Last three days: network access has disappeared for 12 hrs then suddenly comes back for a few hours or longer then looses network again.  When it’s working, data rates are huge in my experience- 50-65 Mbs.

Last outage I transferred sim to a phone - same issue - can  call but no data access.

Have checked router with other sims - fine.  Multiple reboots, rechecked APN etc.

Agreed with Talkmobile customer support to call them with sim in phone next outage - unfortunate seems to coincide with time cust service is closed!

When it works in the router it also works in a phone and when it is out on the router it is also out on a phone.

Any ideas please?  Moving to another camp site soon so see if it’s some sort of local anomaly ( Bathford area NR bath )

thanks

3 REPLIES 3

Lucy_F

Hi @Greyowl99 you can check for any known issues on our network in your area via our Network Status Checker here. If you require any further assistance regarding your service on the Vodafone network please reach out to our Social Media Team via the contact information found here and we'll get things looked into. 

Thanks Lucy.  I did check the network but no outages reported.

We have moved in our RV/Camper to another site now and it is behaving normally.

Data rates on 4G ( strong signal ) down to the usual DL 15-30 Mb/sec and not the 60 + I was getting when I had those problems.

Some local anomaly - who knows ?

Thanks again 

Richard

It looks like this may have been an issue with the local network at the time, I am glad to hear that this is now resolved for you. Mike