Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sim only 30 days data 20GB

Mikesin
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi, I am fortunate enough to spend periods of time in Spain but given the dire quality of Spanish TV I like to watch stuff that I have on a server in the uk and can stream to spain - hence I need a decent broadband and as the spanish ADSL costs would be around £250 a year  I see a 3g/4g service as my best option.

I would like to use the 30 day 20GB sim  only deal and my two questions are

1. can I use all of the 20 GB in spain ( or is there a fair use cap) ?

2. if i purchase the 30 day sim only package on 1st of the month when do I cancel to avoid a second 30 day charge - I am only in spain for 1or 2 weeks each month during the summer and hence do not need a continuous service.    

thanks

Mike

4 REPLIES 4

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @Mikesin 

If you are looking for mobile broadband to use for a limited period, you would be better off using PAYG, the 30 days contracts are subject to 30 days notice.

Having mentioned that, for streaming you need a broadband connection, the speed you will receive over a mobile connection will lead to frustration with the service constantly buffering.

Also as you be using the connection in Spain, it would be worth looking at the Spanish networks.

The product I am interested in is a PSYG 30day contract which is why I would like to know when I would have to cancel after placing an order for 30 day PAYG.

As regards using a 3g/4g service I am able to control the bandwidth I deliver from my server so buffering is not an issue .

Can I use all of my data allowance in Spain or is there a fair use limit?.

I have looked at Spanish products but no one offers a 30 day contract witb reasonable amounts of data.

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Mikesin Just to clarify, are you now looking at our 30 day Data-only SIMs?

These would include Global Roaming which would allow you to use your allowances without any extra charge when in Spain, as it's a Roam-free destination. There'd be a fair usage policy for this with a four month period being the maximum to roam while you're abroad. 

You'd also need to ensure that your SIM connects to a UK network before going to Spain and in between your travels to avoid reaching the policy's limit, which would suspend your services. More details can be found in the link I've provided to ensure you avoid this.

Thanks for response - I'll organise a PAYG deal for my next trip in April and see how it works